Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fairlawn2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

SmartTalk setup simple problem

Go to solution

I have an HTC One S running Android 4, and a home phone on Broadband Option 3 (being upgraded to Infinity Option 2).  Been trying to set up SmartTalk but every time I get to step 3 "We'll now text a PIN to your mobile and ask you to confirm it in the next step", and the PIN arrives in an SMS - but where do I enter or confirm it?  The setup stays on "Text my PIN" and I can't see what to do next as there's nowhere to enter or confirm it.   Am I being thick?  Tony.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: SmartTalk setup simple problem

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Fairlawn2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Keith, but that thread doesn't help as the problem wasn't solved by the answers. 

However, good news - I rang 0800 032 2111 and managed to get through to a Tracey who knew all about Smart Talk.  She told me that my account showed I have an "Open Order", which is indeed the case - I am awaiting engineers to upgrade me to Infinity.  She explained that, although the app is meant to enter the PIN automatically (in Android 4.1.1, anyway),  if there is an unfulfilled order or fault on the home phone the app will not autoenter the PIN until the order is fulfilled.  So I have to wait until tomorrow week when the engineers are due to come (again!) to install Infinity. 

She also said that BT are relaunching the Smart Talk app on Tuesday 12 Feb to resolve a number of bugs, so anyone having the same problem could wait till then and download the improved version - provided that they don't have any unfulfilled orders or faults!

Hope this will help others with the same problem.

Tony.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
bobbywat24323
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

i have bt infinty with all phone calls free so can i ring from abroad to home for free with bt smart talk on my mobile (abroad meening europe)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@bobbywat24323 wrote:

i have bt infinty with all phone calls free so can i ring from abroad to home for free with bt smart talk on my mobile (abroad meening europe)

yes if you can find a wifi signal to log on to

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings