Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

SmartTalk

Go to solution

I registered two mobile phones for Smart Talk and now want to remove them as I have ended my Talk Anytime.

When I try to remove them using the 'Manage my SmartTalk' page, I can tick the boxes to remove them, but the 'Save' button doesn't work, so nothing happens.

I used the chat and someone in India told me that they don't deal with SmartTalk any more

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12

Re: SmartTalk

Go to solution

Hi @Parky497 Sorry that you could not get help with this when you called.

As you are not going to use the service then try How can I cancel my BT SmartTalk service? If you want to use the service again in the future you can set it up again then.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

I have logged in to my BT but I cannot find any way to cancel my BT Smart Talk service. I can only find 'Manage my BT Smart Talk service' and, as I said, this doesn't work.

Please could you give me some guidance as to how it can be done, as the link you sent me to has no useful information. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Parky497 Thanks for trying that and sorry it won't work either. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I have rung BT and they can't cancel it either. The website isn't working for them either. It doesn't cost anything so I'm not really that bothered, it's just that it should work as advertised. The help on the website is wrong as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Parky497 I appreciate it won't affect costs but if you drop us over your details we will get it removed for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Re: SmartTalk - My BT Web Page Not Working - Security Issue

Go to solution

I too have had problems with getting modifications to the Smart Talk service as the web page in "My BT" does not appear to work. When changing my mobile phone handset I had (after lots of calls to & from BT) to delete the service using the old handset then reinstate on the new.

However now I cannot alter the call restrictions (i.e. no premium rate and international calls) as the "Save" button is unresponsive. I have tried 3 different computers, 2 browsers and 2 operating systems - suggest it is a BT problem, not one of my systems! It looks as if the "order.do" action doesn't fire the java script.

Whilst the change to the handset was an inconvenience, the inability to set call restrictions is a security issue. Please fix.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Parky497 Thanks for sending over your details. I've checked and can see that the SmartTalk service was cancelled yesterday. Can you check that you no longer can see the service on your account.

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

My BT still shows it as an active extra on my home phone account, but when I try and manage it, it says that this part of the website is down.

I tried to cancel it from my mobile phone yesterday and was partially successful in that I cancelled my phone but not my wife's.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@Parky497 I've passed on your message to @JohnC2 he's asked if you wife can try to use the smart talk service? It shouldn't be working as it is showing as cancelled on our systems. 

0 Ratings