cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jez995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Smarthub 6 monthly orange light

My BT Smarthub stops working every month. I reboot it only to get a solid orange light and no internet connection. It takes me several attempts for a factory reset to work. The router for a best part of an hour ignores the fact I am resetting.

Once I finally get it to factory reset, the router is then fine for a month (blue light) and I have no performance complaints. Note I know when a successful reset happens because the wireless network reverts to its default settings.

It is running SG4B10002244. I am on my second router which is doing the same thing so I see little point in getting it swapped out for the moment.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Jez995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Smarthub Monthly Orange light

My BT Smarthub stops working every month. I reboot it only to get a solid orange light and no internet connection. It takes me several attempts for a factory reset to work. The router for a best part of an hour ignores the fact I am resetting.

Once I finally get it to factory reset, the router is then fine for a month (blue light) and I have no performance complaints. Note I know when a successful reset happens because the wireless network reverts to its default settings.

It is running SG4B10002244. I am on my second router which is doing the same thing so I see little point in getting it swapped out for the moment.
0 Ratings
Jez995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT Smarthub Monthly Orange light

Please close this as I have posted int the BT Infinity forum.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Re: BT Smarthub Monthly Orange light

@Jez995 wrote:
Please close this as I have posted int the BT Infinity forum.

The smart hub is used on both BT Infinity, and standard broadband.

It can take up to two minutes to reconnect if the orange light is showing. You have to follow the instructions shown on this link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10282/~/what-do-the-lights-on-my-bt-hub-mean%3F

0 Ratings
Jez995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Re: Smarthub 6 monthly orange light

I waited for many minutes and the router stayed orange. I was unable to connect to the router management there was no response from http://192.168.1.254/.

Only after persistent attempts with a paper clip was I able to reset it. Then the router connected quickly and went blue.

This has me thinking. Because once reset the wifi network returns to its default name and nothing connects. However when I reboot the router without the factory reset the wifi is active. I have then over 20 devices connecting at once to the wifi. Maybe this is why it fails to connect and the router stays orange. Also it would be nice if the router management page would respond quickly when it's in this state.

Can this be passed onto whoever writes/tests the firmware on these routers.
0 Ratings