cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepdishdj
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Snack games subscription

Received an unsolicited text message saying I've signed up to this service for 24 hour free trail and then £2.99 a week after. I have not signed up to anything and am wondering if this is a scam ?
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Snack games subscription

@deepdishdj wrote:
Received an unsolicited text message saying I've signed up to this service for 24 hour free trail and then £2.99 a week after. I have not signed up to anything and am wondering if this is a scam ?

Bin It!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 10

@deepdishdj a quick google search throws up a number of similar complaints about snack games.  The regulator for phone paid services PSA advice is don't delete the message as you'll need that in order to unsubscribe from the service.  

You can check the number the text was sent from on the PSA website and also raise a complaint against the company concerned.

0 Ratings
deepdishdj
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

I contacted their online web chat and asked why they'd signed me up and to remove straight away. They emailed back after 5 mins saying they'd removed me but I'm not holding my breath.

How can they just sign me up to something using my phone number and it gets billed to me? Seems like a bit of a cop out by the mobile networks in my opinion.
0 Ratings
deepdishdj
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Checked the website with the number sent in the message and it came back with no results on the PSA website.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@deepdishdj wrote:
Checked the website with the number sent in the message and it came back with no results on the PSA website.

Sorry if I replied incorrectly.

I'm still puzzled as to who they were going to bill - your own bank account or your BT account.

However, you can be caught by a rogue app, which contains links to make charges on your App Store account.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 10

@deepdishdj there should be a contact form on the PSA site where they will look into the company involved.  They are the industry regulator and have the powers and authority to look into why they have subscribed your number.

@Ribblelancs the charge for subscription based services are usually raised against the mobile phone bill or via a chargeable text message. 

0 Ratings
deepdishdj
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Will raise a complaint with them ASAP as I hate this type of thing
0 Ratings
deepdishdj
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Oddly enough the first set of replies from their website was in French 🤔
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@deepdishdj wrote:
Oddly enough the first set of replies from their website was in French 🤔

You have done well to respond quickly to Neil's advice

@NeilO. I was once caught in a similar trap some years ago.

Fortunately it only cost one premium text. (A rogue app gave a false update alert).

0 Ratings