cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 12

So Christmas Day arrived and went...

I had a really nice Christmas day – swapped presents, saw lots of relatives, ate too much, and then ate a bit more 😉 the usual.

This said, one reoccurring theme with everyone I’ve spoken to over the last week has been “It doesn’t feel like Christmas, does it?”

I have put this down to lack of snow. Over the last two or three years we’ve "spoilt" with snow either on or close to Christmas day, but this year all we got was two days of ice at the beginning of December and the odd shower throughout the month.

Now, I absolutely hate driving in the snow so I didn’t really miss it at all, until this week. I never thought I would actually miss a bit of snow on Christmas day.

Am I alone in this? Did you get a "white Christmas" where you live?

Stephanie

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: So Christmas arrived and went...

Xmas lasts 12 days.......
No snow yet though Steph.
Sell the Italian sports car and get yerself a Scoobie 😉
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 12

Woops I meant Christmas day. Post edited now.

I now have to Google "scoobie" as I have no idea what it is.

As for the sports car, I'd need to buy one before I can sell it 😉 Our trusty (and somewhat rusty) Ibiza is doing the job for now!

Stephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 12

You're gonna have to help me out AQ, the only thing I can find when I look up scoobie are about scoubidous (which, if I may add, I had a slight obsession with in primary school. I honestly thought they were written Scooby-doo. I also never knew they originated from France.)

So there you go, you learn something new every day!

Stephanie

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

A Scoobie, or Scooby Doo.......................

scoobie.jpg

Why, tis a Subaru Impreza Smiley Wink

AWD [All Wheel Drive]. Perfect for the snow.

Downside is the Police keep stopping me - just to take a peep at it. Smiley Sad

AQ.

0 Ratings
Ogier
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Genus : Subaru

Latin : Mid-Lifeyicus Crisiseratum.

Natural Habitats include : 

Front Gardens  especially ones with car sized holes in their hedges / walls.

Wrapped around trees.

Upside down in Fields.

Police pounds.

Used by :

Deaf people - due to loud in-car entertainment

Car Thieves

Bank robbers.

How to Spot :

When stationary :- usually surrounded by Blue flashing lights of emergency services. 

When Moving :- Being followed by the Blue flashing lights of police force.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Ogier

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

AQ a deaf bank robber? I don't think so.

I do know that Ogier was a Danish geezer who killed Charlemagne's son for allegedly cutting him on the Valhalla by-pass in his wrx, a magical four-wheel drive chariot. But it is recorded in the Edda that the true reason for Ogier's anger was his insane jealousy of the wrx. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Ogier
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Smiley LOL  - Slow typing the bane of my life -" I remember when the space was empty".

As to being Cut up - Not on the way to Valhalla exactly but to Stedding Shangtai.  And I was in my 38 year old BGT - even milk floats can cut me up on a windy day.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@Ogier I liked your precis of a Scoobie I have to say.

Mines a Wagon BTW, but I thought Steph would be more impressed by the babe magnet model piccy Smiley Wink

But tis naught compared to Potters " I'm always on the go here there and everywhere" motor.  We always wondered on here just how he did it......................

ccbb.jpeg

AQ.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

I'm disappointed AQ. That's shattered my vision of you performing doughnuts on the Headway.

Your pic is the one I use when I'm staying in Sheffield; it blends in so nicely. This is my preferred tourer:

Spoiler
images.jpg

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings