cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngryDan
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

So, is my modem duff? Nearly end of 18mth contract so time to change?

Righto... so on 28th January I was getting DL speed of ~34Mbps and UL of ~6Mbps (wirelessly).

By 1st February, I was down to ~2-4Mbps DL and ~4-6Mbps UL (wirelessly).

Tested from different devices, same results. UL speed hasn't gone down (much) but DL speed has fallen by ~90%

speedtester.bt.net - IP profile 38715/10000. Best efforts tests in line with above.

Have tested with both wireless and wired now with similarly diabolical results. So what's the issue? Modem?

Line quality for voice is still perfect as always, IP profile is still as-was. Tried different routers, no change.

I was installed 30th July 2010 and I'm approaching the end of my 18mth term now. Seriously tempted to change supplier in spite of added costs following my whole Infinity experience.

EDIT: Actually you know, my contract's up as of end of January. Will BT bother trying to keep me as a customer?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: So, is my modem duff? Nearly end of 18mth contract so time to change?

@Angry Dan This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators your supplier of course is your choice i suggest you post the full bt speed test results then contact the forum mods for help
0 Ratings
AngryDan
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: So, is my modem duff? Nearly end of 18mth contract so time to change?

Not entirely sure what your issue is here? The point of my post; I'm asking for other people's opinions?

0 Ratings