cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 53

So my upgrade went through, but my speed is the same, despite much higher "attainable rates"

I'm around 250m from a small FTTC cabinet. On 40/10 I was on the full 38.72 profile for download for the past 6 months straight, and the full 10000 upload. My Huawei modem suggests that my max attainable rate is around 67Mbps, and my max upload is around 22Mbps. And the BT speed checker estimated my new speed at around 60Mbps. This led me to believe that upgrading was a good idea.

This morning I discovered that my downstream profile is still 38.72Mbps, but my upstream profile has jumped to 20,000. So the upgrade has gone through, but my downstream profile hasn't changed at all.

Is it worth performing a modem reset? My modem has been on for 6 months without a reboot, so would it be worth resetting to see if that jogs the IP profile up on the downstream? Or is there anything else I should try?

Yesterday before the upgrade:

Now:

0 Ratings
52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Message 2 of 53

Re: So my upgrade went through, but my speed is the same, despite much higher "attainable rates

No harm in rebooting the modem just don't keep doing it!

0 Ratings
Annie_UK
Contributor
Message 3 of 53

Re: So my upgrade went through, but my speed is the same, despite much higher "attainable rates

I had the same this morning, the upload speed increased but the download was the same as yesterday until I rebooted the modem then the downoad speed increased 🙂

Annie

BT Halo 2 (71Mb Down / 19Mb UP)
0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 53

So put my order through yesterday, this is before;

This is after;

Bit lame 😞

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 53

EXCELLENT NEWS!

The reboot worked. I'm now getting over 70Mbps download and 16Mbps upload.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 53

Good. I will add "reboot the modem" to the standard reply.

0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 53

@Infinitechris wrote:

Good. I will add "reboot the modem" to the standard reply.

I rebooted, and it made no difference 😞

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
punbros
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 53

same here... rebooted but still no difference
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 53

Try using www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk

I posted yesterday that speedtest.net is dubious depending on the server you use.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 53

Rickydg what estimate were you given? Something has happened as the upload is over 10Mb/s. Can you get your IP profile from the BT speedtester - you may have to be patient as the poor old thing is having a bad morning in my area. 

0 Ratings