cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 53

Re: So my upgrade went through, but my speed is the same, despite much higher "attainable rates

Did a test on my laptop straight through the GigE port on the HH3. Got back my 46mbps that the profile states, just got to hope that over time the dlm in the cab raises my profile. Smiley Frustrated

I was previously testing through 200mbps powerline adaptors that solidly report over 100mbps, but the fastest I can get over these appears to be 35-38mbps Smiley Sad

Upload is still sat at 10mbps though, despite the 20mbps on my profile...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 53

Re: So my upgrade went through, but my speed is the same, despite much higher "attainable rates

I will do further testing over powerline adaptors using netstress when I get time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 53

@rickydg wrote:

Did a test on my laptop straight through the GigE port on the HH3. Got back my 46mbps that the profile states, just got to hope that over time the dlm in the cab raises my profile. Smiley Frustrated

I was previously testing through 200mbps powerline adaptors that solidly report over 100mbps, but the fastest I can get over these appears to be 35-38mbps Smiley Sad

Upload is still sat at 10mbps though, despite the 20mbps on my profile...

My powerlines are connected at about 170mbps however, even on a 77meg profile, I get 48mbps maximum.

They're awesome, but don't always provide full speeds that you can get when connecting direct to the router. Either way though, 48meg is more than enough for what I need, heck 15meg is!

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 53

I have a 200Mbps Devolo powerline kit, and the maximum I was getting through new internal wiring was around 50Mbps maximum.This is despite the fact that the Devolo speed utility shows a connection between the adaptors of 184Mbps. I tested this with 20 simultaneous newsgroup connections that should max the line with ease.

I guess powerline technology is limited.

I tested through a laptop with gigabit ethernet to the router and achieved over 70Mbps on speedtest.net to the (London) Namesco and Paris servers consistently.

It's interesting that some of you have had a similar experience to me. The upload increases, but it takes a reboot to get the download profile to increase.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 53

Did further testing and they max out at around 35mbps. Looks like i'll berunning an ethernet cable up the side of my house! I have a server in my office with my main PC, so it will definately benefit from the extra bandwidth!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 53

So, I've contacted the mods now to see if they can shed some light on this. My main concern is that I get nowhere near the estimate of 57.8 down and 20 up, so would like them to see if there is a fault that I don't know about. There are so many variables that could affect this, it's best to get people who know what they're doing to look in to it. Here's my best speedtest I've had since the upgrade;

This test was over a wired connection straight in to the GigE port of the HH3.

I must say, as time goes on, i'm getting very tempted to unlock my OR modem to see my line capabilities, i'm just worried it may go wrong and i'll be left with no connection!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 53

Have you tried www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 53

@Webby wrote:
Have you tried www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk?

Yup, gives same results pretty much...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 53

Also, I've noticed when I log in to MyBT it still shows 38mbps down and 9mbps up!?!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 53

OK, was on Infinity 2 for 18 months, have gone into a new contract to obtain up to 76/20 speeds and nothing has changed. The cabinet is about 100 meters away, 2 houses, speed varies from 21 to 25 Mbps with IP frofile 26.52 down, up is 3.73 with up profile 20 Mbps. Have rebooted modem & hub - no improvement.

What is wrong?

0 Ratings