cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 53

Re: So my upgrade went through, but my speed is the same, despite much higher "attainable rates

Here's my profile from speedtester.bt.com;

Capture.PNG

Got 46.57mbps down and 20mbps up. Heres my latest speedtest from speedtest.net;

The bbmax tester gives me the same result more or less... Smiley Frustrated

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 53

Re: So my upgrade went through, but my speed is the same, despite much higher "attainable rates

Still nothing you can't do with 36meg mate.

People get too concerned on the speed of the service as opposed to whether or not it works for what they're doing.

If I can stream something from netflix while someone else is browsing the net and someone playing online gaming (all of which can be done with a lot less than 20meg) I'm not really fussed if there's 50meg or 2meg sitting unused. It really makes no difference to user experience what so ever.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 53

yesterday the checker said i could only get 49mb dwn  &  10.2mb up  i also phoned bt and they said the same, i was in 2 minds wether to upgrade, so i went for it,, 

this is what i get now,,  so im glad i did upgrade

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 53

I have the same problem, my upgrade happened at around 00:09 this morning. A BT speed test shows that I have the max profiles of 77.43 (I think) and 20, however speed tests show around 15/16 up and around 37/38 down.

The modem has been rebooted, once at around 01:00 this morning and a second time at approx 08:00. The router was also rebooted at 08:00. A speed test still shows 37/38 down and 15/16 up.Smiley Frustrated

Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 53

@TheHorseman wrote:

I have the same problem, my upgrade happened at around 00:09 this morning. A BT speed test shows that I have the max profiles of 77.43 (I think) and 20, however speed tests show around 15/16 up and around 37/38 down.

The modem has been rebooted, once at around 01:00 this morning and a second time at approx 08:00. The router was also rebooted at 08:00. A speed test still shows 37/38 down and 15/16 up.Smiley Frustrated

Wired or wireless?

Try a wired speedtest at www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 53

@Webby wrote:

People get too concerned on the speed of the service as opposed to whether or not it works for what they're doing.

If I can stream something from netflix while someone else is browsing the net and someone playing online gaming (all of which can be done with a lot less than 20meg) I'm not really fussed if there's 50meg or 2meg sitting unused. It really makes no difference to user experience what so ever.
All well and good webby, but if im supposed to get 57mbps, then i want 57mbps, you know how it goes. Besides, there's a big difference between 40 and 57 when downloading. All i can do is hope it comes back up when the dlm settles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 53

@TheHorseman wrote:

If you have eliminated the obvious like using wired as opposed to wireless and dodgy speed testers by using http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/ I would wait and see if the speeds come up if not message the mods but they will be megabusy for a while. 38Mb/s is fast enough really for anything other than bragging rightsSmiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 53

I had the same issue this morning, attempted a reset of both the homehub and modem to no avail, was getting roughly the same download as yesterday but slightly higher upload, on all speedtesters.

Then i connected via wired instead of wireless, and zoom, much higher speeds, despite the wireless card im using supposidly allowing up to 1gbps, I guess the wireless equipment in the homehub just cant keep up with the new speed.

So if you're still getting the same old speed for download, and slightly higher for upload, use wired if possible, makes a huge difference.

Yesterdays speed :

Todays speed :

Really could not be happier! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 53

@rickydg wrote:

@Webby wrote:

All well and good webby, but if im supposed to get 57mbps, then i want 57mbps, you know how it goes. Besides, there's a big difference between 40 and 57 when downloading. All i can do is hope it comes back up when the dlm settles.

It's an estimation, and it's also an up to estimation.

You won't win that battle (not a battle with me, I mean your ISP)

There's not that much difference. You might get an extra 5gig an hour, woopdeedo really mate.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 53

Yes, the tests are done wired.

0 Ratings