cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 31

Re: So slow, that my 3G is quicker ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I hope you get it sorted after all this time

please can you remove/delete your personal reference numberas this is an open forum and can be seen on google

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
chainsawdude
Contributor
Message 12 of 31

I had my doubts about filling in that form too but it turns out it was the best thing i did as my problem was fixed within a couple of days.

0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 31

Right,  so i thought i'd post an update,  this morning.

Still no callback yet,   and that was from a manager that promised.

So,  i click reply,   after about 3 minutes of waiting figured i better run a speed test.  Open speedtest.net and Wait. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . .

. . . . . .

Managed to get the test running,    Download = 0.04 - no wonder i couldn't reply - just be patient. 

Eventually reply comes up,  figure test has finshed,   nope,   still going but its now on 0.03.

I've got a screenshot.  

Guess this will be another day working from home where i have to tether to my iphone for "the uk's fastest wireless" or the "uk's most complete package"

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?"
0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 31

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?"
0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 31

So,  This morning i have spent another 2 hours on the phone.   The problem still exists but - get this  :-

Neither the Supervisor or the Manager i spoke to on Tuesday logged complete notes OR escalated to the exchange team !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That quite frankly is the poorest excuse of customer service i have ever come across,  its a level of depravety that somes up any form of overseas call center or company that deems to be little its customers in such a way that BT does.  

My problem is still outstanding - but,  check this,  I have to pay £92 if i want to cancel because apparently i have to put up with this BS for the full 12 months.   To make this even worse because of tuesday incompetence none of the line tests were logged so today i had to again go through while line tests were done again. 

First line test :  No Fault

Second Line test : Too Slow i'll call you back when i've run another

Third Line test : Appears to be a fault,  i don't know what it is or where it is but there is a fault apparently.

x3 Line tests  ? ? ? ? ? ? immediately raises a concern the fact that it needs to be done three times to begin with.   Suppose i should be thankfull i at least got a call back,  

Have resorted now to stopping all forms of apologies in there tracks,  not interested. 

Re-ran speedtest - failed,  timed out

Am going to clipboard all this text now so i don't loose it when i click post because. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 31

You would seriously be better off waiting for a reply from the mods they have a good record of getting faults fixed they can sometimes take up to 72 hours to reply as all mails are responded to in turn but they will respond
0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 31

Yep,   you say that,  yet i work at home.   And i don't want to get into an arguement about business broadband etc as i'd still face the same issue.   I work from home and from an office and when i'm at home i dial into the office hense i'm not actually running a business. 

So you see when i expect a callback and i don't get one and the issue ist still the same i pursuit the only routes possible.   I've heard nothing from the mods what so ever so currently its neither here nor there if they have a good record or not !

I need this resolved - this is a record of trying to get it resolved,   what its doing for my blood pressure and stress levels only time will tell.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 31

as you only sent the email to the mods yesterday it can take a few days before they get back to you as answered in order received.  It just unfortunate you need your broadband for work purposes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 19 of 31

Hi IanGurney,

Thanks for sending in your email, I'm looking at it now and I'll get back to you shortly.

Cheers,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 31

Always reassuring that in the space of 4 days this has already gone to the 4th page preceeded by every post inbetween of the same issue - what hope have i got.  

Right, Anyway - The saga continues. 

Apparently i had a "boost" engineer fixed !!!!! what ever that is.    Moving away from the issue slight if as the name suggests "boost" engineer is to speed\improve the quality of the line then thats an open admitance that i wasn't getting the "best" speed possible and that it needs a boost engineer to do so.   Hmm,  think this maybe another issue my Solicitor can deal with.  

So,  Engineer booked for Friday,  turns up at 1600ish,  finds a number of issues  :-

1. Extensions in the (x2) past the Master socket although not in use were not correctly wired (Thanks Barratts)
  2. Line fault within 15m of the socket - outside connector - fixed
  3. Faults between the cabinet and the house - changed to a different pair
  4. 300 fault mismatch from the cabinet to the exchange for my line.   

I think we can see a trend here that the wiring is SHODDY at best,   and confirmed by the engineer that the extensions wouldn't make that much difference anyway.    This all took a while to diagnose and he ran out of time - i cant fault the engineer at all, very proficient and knew his job not like the comboy that cam previously and clearly diddn't spot any of this in the 10 mins he decided to hang around !

So it was left that the engineer would retain the job and come back Monday providing nobody takes the job off him over the weekend.   Excellent - however all is not what it seems with BT as we know there customer service is non-existent to begin with.    Prooven now by the fact that I called at 1600 to find out that not only was the engineer taken off todays job that no other engineer was booked in and that my next appointment slot is Wednesday.   

I can't begin to even put into words how cr@p that is on a public forum but you have to agree there are a few words like, lackluster, poor, decrepid, failed that come to mind and describe it perfectly.  

A wise man once said "What for the mods,   the'll sort it",    i think not !,  as they won't touch it while an engineer is booked.  

However if a mod does want to help - baring in mind i've now got an engineer for tomorrow - to get the original engineer from Friday - back at my house for this appointment SO I DON'T HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF LIKE I HAVE TO DO EVERYTIME I RING IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings