cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 31

Re: So slow, that my 3G is quicker ! ! ! ! ! ! !

NO ENGINEER TODAY - LIED TO YESTERDAY

So,  after the calls yesterday,  engineer blatently lied to me to tell me what i wanted to hear to get me off the phone.   I call today at 1600 AGAIN and no engineer booked and no notes saved. 

Next available engineer  - THURSDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think so,     And i know what some of you are thinking - change supplier,   for all the good that might do because its a physical line fault which is still down to BT so BT have still got to fix it.  

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?"
0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 31

17h19 - Still no engineer confirmed yet

Onto 2nd line at the moment,   anybody feel like chipping in ?

Mods,  any of you think this is exceptable ?

"Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?"
0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 31

Got an appointment - Between 8-1 tomorrow.

So,  for all those people that have got fobbed off with the statutory 48 hours that looks like you can't break - you can,   17:33 today i got an appointment for tommorrow morning,   Took an hour and thirty three minutes though so be prepared for the long hall.  

Let just hope 2nd line support aern't lying as well because that just about makes it all teams. !!!!!!!

0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Still Waiting !

0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 31

NO ENGINEER - PASSED TO NETWORK TEAM - 3DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

WHAT A CROCK OF **bleep** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fault passed to network team,   confirmation of no visit today despite a call at 10pm last night to say there would be. 

Apparently Network team via an email will be looking at the fault and have it resolved by the 310511.

Yep,  the 31st as in 7 days time.    Absolutley shocking,   so its not 3 days as i've just been told on the phone - does anybody have any idea of policies and procedures in place in BT at all or do you all just make it up as you go along ?.

So even begin to tell me that i might have to pay £130 i think is just outragious.   The amount of stress we have gone through to get to this point just can't be put into a cost.   Its not acceptable at all,   i really hope that more people get to read this as a log of what it is like to deal with a company that spends more in peddling its latest offers than dealing with its existing customers on an aging infrastructure.  

I know more people will get to read it because i fully intend to distribute full contents of this thread (already saved locally) to the media newspapers, Watchdog, Offcom, and just about any other regulatory body thats appropriate.  

0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 31

Adding to the list of recipients for this complaint. 

All media Newspapers

Watchdog

Offcom

Office of fair trading

Consumer Direct

Telecommunications Ombudsman

Trading Standards

All parties involved under the following grounds

• I am paying for a service which i do not receive and have consistently not received for 5 months
  • Failure to resolve the issue at either the times specified or in an exceptable amount of time.
  • Failure to comply with pre-booked appointments
  • Failure to resolve the issue which has been ongoing for months.
  • My financial loss of my consultant day rate by having to remain at home for pre-booked appointments that dont transpire
  • My Wifes financial loss for having to having to remain at home for pre-booked appointments that dont transpire
  • Un-wanted stress, tension we have both gone through to see  this through. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 31

Hi IanGurney

If you send a copy of your full complaint to the contact us address in my profile we can investigate what has or hasn't been happening with your faults.

It isn't acceptable that promises have been made and not kept, in order to deal a full investigation will need to be carried out to find out why these promises have not been kept and to see the status and history of the fault.

I can see from your post a date of the 31/05/11 have been given today, with a pstn fault a timeframe like this can be given when a weekend is coming up, but in a lot of cases this investigation doesn't take as long as this. If this is the case then the situation is with the suppliers who will then work to resolve, in a lot of cases this may not require an engineer to visit the property but to carry out work in the exchange or on the line.

Little comfort given the time the problem has gone on but if false promises are being made feedback has to be given to stop this behaviour.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 31

Right,  here we go again.  

In complete and timely fashion as others have reported that a month after it was "supposedly" fixed the problem happens again or progressively gets worse,  in my case the later.  

This afternoon i have spoke to who people,   Rahal and a Sanjesh Jindal.    Complete and utterly useless,  Rahall spent most of the time muting me getting answers from somebody else and repeating what they've said. 

My issue is once again that speed has dropped,  consistently this afternoon i have done speedtests of around 100-400kbps,  the best peaked at 700kbs.   I am on a 1.5-3.0mbps line profile with an ip profile of 2.8mbps.

Once again i find myself in the position that BT are supplying a service that is unsable.  

However,   in a new line of tact from BT.   I was told that downstream is not applicable to the download rate thereby it is perfectly acceptable to have a downstream rate of 2.8mbps or even 20mbps but to only get a download of 200kbps.    This is one that i will be definately be taking up with trading standards,  i've had enough of this now relating downstream to download outside of the advertising practicies is a clear breach.   Also clearly stating that others in the street are downloading therefore "I" should wait !!!!!!!!

There is a minimum exceptable level of service to be met and currently BT are not reaching it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
IanGurney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 31

Hello ?,   Hi ?, Anyone home ?,   anybody there ?

Nope thought not,  seems to be the way,   well after being told that my connection is fine because i now have a downstream of 2.8mbps regardless of a speedtest download at 128kbps.   Apparently i have had my IP Profile increased to 4-6mb.   Not bad for a line that is only supposed to get 1.5mbps max. 

Now i havent actually got 4-6mb because its still the same as i expected all along but i thought i'd highlight that they can increase it - when they want to !!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings