cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 21

Re: So the outage wasn't nationwide then?

@syops wrote:
Seems like BT just don't like you DS 😉

You're probably right!Smiley Very Happy

If only you knew what I've recently been getting up to and whom at BT I've been emailing....Smiley Surprised

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 21

and with all these contacts you still can't get a decent modern mobile phone which you can use to find BTFON apart from your ownSmiley Very Happy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 21

"We know who you are....We are watching you"

I'd be wary if your driving past a book Depository and a grassy knoll 😉

@imjolly: well said Sir, well said 😛

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 21

@imjolly wrote:

and with all these contacts you still can't get a decent modern mobile phone which you can use to find BTFON apart from your ownSmiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

(puts all the names of quite a few BT employees in a BIG bowl, gives it a shake)

KG

IL

WB

SirMR

tmc

CH

CB

plus many many more.....

The next one I'll be emailing is....Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 21

Just for you DS

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1302020060.htm

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 21

Good infoSmiley Happy, but alas the locations mentioned are not where I'm being held captiveSmiley Sad...

But you make a valid pointSmiley Surprised - Why must we look at other sites for this type of info (even though BT own Plusnet)?

0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 21

yes I found it odd that the RSS feed is not on BT.com primary site, but located on a secondary site (even if it is owned by BT) not named as a BT site (directly).

http://usertools.plus.net/status/status.xml

This may of affected part of the backbone, so you don't necessarily have to be in the mentioned areas. I'm not in those areas, but I showed network errors in my log (no connection drop though ;)).

Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 21

Though I doubt a BT.com one (if implemented) would offer such a detailed explanationSmiley Sad

Guess it could of affected moi, but I'll never know.....not just yet anyway.

0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 21

From what I have seen of BT.com service problem reports, they are only show current problems with no history so you can't see if an earlier problem related to a service outage.

eg Exchange X is currently down, but won't show Exchange X was down dd/mm/yy:time

Like this http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php again on plusnet Smiley Indifferent

Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 21

Sad, but true.

0 Ratings