cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

So what is my rise?

Sorry to create another thread on here but I dont want to hijack another.

I have Infinity 2 with evening and weekend calls with my line rental paid upfront. I am therefore currently paying £26 / month.

Just had my email of price changes and am slightly confused: Reading the email it states that I need to follow the link to check my broadband price increase which when I do tells me my price is going up to £27.87.

However, in the email it gives the price changes for call plans. Am I correct in assuming that the £27.87 INCLUDES all elements that are increasing in price or do I then need to add the call package on?

I dont have caller ID or 1571.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: So what is my rise?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Given the complaints about inconsistent information from BT advisors on another thread, I wouldn't count on Live Chat actually helping.  The chances are, if you contact them three times, you'll get four different answers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Well live chat was less than convincing. The person didn't really understand what I was asking.

Eventually they confirmed I only had broadband and no call package! Wrong.

So still no wiser and with another thread (I have sent to the mods) regarding my speed estimates being reduced by over half, and my speed being cut at the same time the wholesale and bt checkers showed reduced speeds, maybe I'm best off out of it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

@sps1013 wrote:

Sorry to create another thread on here but I dont want to hijack another.

I have Infinity 2 with evening and weekend calls with my line rental paid upfront. I am therefore currently paying £26 / month.

Just had my email of price changes and am slightly confused: Reading the email it states that I need to follow the link to check my broadband price increase which when I do tells me my price is going up to £27.87.

However, in the email it gives the price changes for call plans. Am I correct in assuming that the £27.87 INCLUDES all elements that are increasing in price or do I then need to add the call package on?

I dont have caller ID or 1571.

Thanks.

I too am on Infinity 2 with evening and weekend calls included. When I access the link in the email it tells that my "Unlimited Infinity 2 + calls" is going up to £27.67, so I take that to mean that is all elements. 

Strange how mine is going up 20p less than yours?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

I too am on Infinity 2 with evening and weekend calls included. When I access the link in the email it tells that my "Unlimited Infinity 2 + calls" is going up to £27.67, so I take that to mean that is all elements. 

Strange how mine is going up 20p less than yours?

Yes it is strange.

Given that my speed estimates have dropped by 50% now though since the other weekend and my actual speeds aswel as IP profile have dropped, presumably due to more people signing up, I am taking the price rise as a bit of an insult! I am paying more for considerably less!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

So have decided to cancel my services within the 10 day grace period following notification of the price rise.

However, as seems common place with BT it wasn't easy! Eventually though I got them to put a cancellation through but the computer said no! They reckon theres been a request for transfer since February on the line!!

So, it has now been sent to the offline team to cancel down but that can take 7 days for them to get around to actioning. I just hope now that BT in their wisdom / sneakiness don't try and say I cancelled outside of the 10 day window. Conveniently the offline team can't give a reference number for the request so I only have the name of the person with the date / time of the call.

So if a Mod wants to comment on this situation I would be grateful. Thank you.

Watch this space!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Hi sps1013,

I'll be happy to look into this for you. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I cancelled all my services yesterday with BT, I have\had Infinity 2,Anytime calls and my main reason for cancelling was the fact that although my Anytime package was only going up by a couple of pound the actual Anytime package was being reduce (ie going forward £1.75 for 1571,£1.75 for Caller display both of which were included in my Anytime package sold to me by BT),in all the cost of my Anytime package would of been going up by 94%!!!,then to add insult to injury I was told to register for 1571,and BT Privicy for free but had to commit to a new 12 month contract,when I explained this to the Cancellation Team they had to agree,that's like buying a new car with Satnav and Bluetooth only to be told 7 moths later that these services would now be taken away unless you pay a fee!!!,shame on you BT, in the end BT sold me my package if I agreed to an 18 month contract.......Rant over!

0 Ratings