cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Social Media Doesn’t work between 5-7PM despite there being no parental controls.

Social media sites (snapchat, facebook etc.) do not work from 5-7pm. I have looked at many forums before and followed their suggestions and none of which work. The parental controls are not on. I hope someone can help resolve this.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Social Media Doesn’t work between 5-7PM despite there being no parental controls.

HI @Josharmitage 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having accessing social media sites between 5-7pm.  It's a strange one!  Did you ever have parental controls set up?  Have you chatted anyone since posting and is it still happening?  I can help if it is.  Let me know.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: Social Media Doesn’t work between 5-7PM despite there being no parental controls.

Hi Robbie,
Yes we used to have them on but that was well over a year ago maybe even two now. I have checked on the hub settings to see if theyre on and they’re not on for any device.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Josharmitage  Thanks for posting back. May I ask if you would log into your BTID and check the My Extras for Parental Controls. Check if there is an option to delete existing settings. Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

There are no parental controls. The only person who has access to them was up Kilimanjaro when the problem began

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Josharmitage  due to the nature of Parental Controls we would have to deal directly with the account holder or account manager. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@Josharmitagewrote:

There are no parental controls. The only person who has access to them was up Kilimanjaro when the problem began

Just to perhaps rule out the obvious, I take it that you have no problem accessing all the other websites you use during those times ?

I agree with @JohnC2 & @RobbieMac  that it is really weird that only they get blocked and just between those times.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I now have access to the account. I have looked at all devices and there is no access control on at all for anything. Any tips on what i can do to fix it?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

What antivirus are you using and have you checked if it has parental controls activated?

0 Ratings