cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daven5
Message 11 of 19

Re: Soft phone settings for Mac users

Go to solution

That's a big help,  thank you so much. It would have helped if I had read your original instructions correctly first time.

I have now followed your instructions to the letter but - no audio, I then picked up your subsequent comment re the X-Lite 4 beta, I now am logged in and have audio. Smiley Very Happy IT'S working!!!

0 Ratings
_i
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Re: Soft phone settings for Mac users

Go to solution

Excellent!!

Come on BT, get a deal in plce with X-Lite and provide this solution to all Mac users, not just those prepared to mess about with the sttings.

I set my proxy to sp2.btsip.bt.net as this is what came up in the configuration string I got my password from, anyone know if this is correct or a significant change.  It also says the transport should be UDP, port 5060?

Anyway it appears to be working great on my Macbook Pro, so many thanks to those who posted this!

0 Ratings
Nick_S
Beginner
Message 13 of 19

Re: Softened settings for Mac users

Go to solution

THANK YOU TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS!!!  Up and running on my Mac in no time at all.  Now to configure my Mobotix security cameras to call me using VOIP....

0 Ratings
Nick_S
Beginner
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Spoke too soon!  X-Lite keeps on generating error messages "Account could not be enable problem at server 491 try again later".  Every now and again it seems to come to life again.  Also the error message is different each time (sometimes 491, sometimes 400).  When it does work I can dial in and out quite happily.

Very odd.

Might this have something to do with the fact that I do not actually use my Homehub as a modem/router?  I use a Netgear 834 as modem/router and Timemachine for wifi (obviously the modem is using all the BT access settings).  I loathed to use the Homehub as I'm quite happy with my current (working!) setup.  I doubt I could have a second modem/router running in tandem just to activate the Home Hub Phone.

Any answers / suggestions gratefully received!

0 Ratings
thomcooper
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for the advice on here.  I've got it up & running perfectly!  Great stuff, there is however a small problem.  I'm running OSX 10.5.8 (Leopard, Not Snow Leopard) with X Lite 3 (I've tried downloading 4 beta, but it won't run as it says that the beta license has now expired).

The call comes through fine, & if I answer it quickly (within a few rings), the call works fine.  However, if I leave it for too long, I answer the call on X-lite & it seems like theres no on at the other end, & on the calling phone the dialing tone just keeps on ringing as if I haven't picked the phone up.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
enpjp
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Hi,

I am at the same point with my Mac.  X-lite 4.0 works well when it finds the server, but often returns an "account failed to enable" error.

Has anyone found a solution?

Regards

Paul

0 Ratings
justplans
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution
Thank you. This was really helpful. I got my Xlite 4.0 thanks to your instructions through out the posts.
Cheers
R
0 Ratings
emjaykay
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

I eventually got it logged in after all the advice but was unable to talk. I could hear dial tone on the speakers though.

I am on a Mac Book Air using X-Lite 4.

I then switched of for the night and come back to the same error 491! I am on a home hub I ahve double checked the settings and they are food.

Any ideas!

0 Ratings
actorum
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

I've just stumbled across this thread and am having zero luck with XLite 4.7 and BT Business VOIP. I got it all working 2 years ago but I'm thinking either XLite or BT have changed their products (the old version of XLite I used no longer launches).

I've got all my SIP details from an email from BT and from the link on the 'Configure your device'.

XLite doesn't even register at all  - I get errors 401, 403 and 404 (depending on which combination of settings I use).

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Dominic

0 Ratings