cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 32

Software update

Just download software update which allows you to record,pause etc the internet channels

We'll done bt
31 REPLIES 31
martdy
Contributor
Message 1 of 32

Now Recording BT Sport !

Just checked foe a software update and lo and behold update 15.11.0 installled.

I then switched to BT sport and pressed record - It works !

Might now get the extra channels

0 Ratings
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 32

Re: Software update

Just saw your post and tried mine,  Internet channel recording now working - great (about time)

0 Ratings
Leebool
Contributor
Message 4 of 32

Better late than never, I'll give this a whirl when I get home this evening.
0 Ratings
thegrail
Contributor
Message 5 of 32

Great news - just tried recording Gold and Watch - looks good. Looks like it was worth the wait!
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 32

Had to manually force the update & now recording BT Sport HD 1 & 2, whilst watching a terrestrial program.

Looks like maybe you could record 4 programs at once as long as 2 are internet channels.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 32

Just tried & it's only 2 recordings at once but record 2 internet channels & watch a terrestrial so not too bad.

0 Ratings
paddy09
Contributor
Message 8 of 32

Is this only available to those with Infinity?

I have updated my box to the latest version but do not have channels listed in the 400s and upwards but cannot even record from BBC iPlayer.

Nowhere in this post does it mention Infinity being necessary

http://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/New-software-update-rolling-out-to-YouView-from-BT-Custom...

0 Ratings
sirjamesp
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 32

Hurray! Now the extra channels are worth having!
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 32

paddy09 -

Bt only deliver the EXtra and BT Sports internet channels over infinity so to receive them you do need infinity and subscribe to the channels. When they first introduced the BT internet channels on Youview in August they could only be viewed as live transmissions. The latest software update (today) allows them to be recorded , paused etc.

The catchup players  including BBC iplayer that exist on Youview cannot be recorded so you are only  able to watch them for as long as the catchup provider makes them available.  You can of course record the BBC programs  when they are broadcast on the linear Freeview BBC tv channels.

0 Ratings