cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicsetter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Sold a pup

late last year I switched from standard bt internet to Infinity 1 (FTTC) and had variable speed at different times, Reported the fault with no joy.  I got really fed up and spent an hour chatting to BT customer service, who thought they had found a problem and would escalate it and I would get a call in 2 days.  2days later a call from an indian accented person whos said he was escalating it and I would get a call the next day.  Next day, phone call, the problem lies in the server infrastructure and this needed upgrading and would be fixed by 10th March.  I asked about compensation and he said it would occur when the fault was fixeed.

The problem I am having is that, usually after 6pm my speed drops from 50M to 3 or 4M or various speed in between, at the moment it is 11M.

The point is, why are BT selling high speed fiber when they don't have the infrastuctre in place? 

They have planning in progress to wire up the remaining half of the village.

My exchange is Killin if anyone can find out any more information.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sold a pup

Hi the problem will be known by BT Wholesale and they will be working on a capacity upgrade it is outside the remit of BT Retail your providers control this will also be affecting other providers there is no point in re contacting the call centres as they do not have the tools to see the problem also if they offer you an engineer visit that is also pointless as they can do nothing about the problem
0 Ratings
bootynoodles
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Two sites you could check your exchange info

Sam knows.com and BT wholesale.

You would need to create an account for BT wholesale though

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

samknows will have no information on exchange congestion
0 Ratings
vicsetter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

My real point is that high speed fibre was only available to our village last year (pop about 1000) so why did BT whoever not plan for the potential capacity in the first place especially as only half the village are covered.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

The capacity problem may be some distance from your exchange as many small exchanges are chained together and routed to a larger exchange and that may be where the congestion is
0 Ratings