Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timb-123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Solid Orange light on Homehub 6 - then the same again with a replacement

Hi,

I've had a strange problem with my new BT Homehub 6 - so I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem or can avvise me on a fix.

I recently swapped my HomeHub 5 to a 6. It arrived, I installed it without any problem and worked very well.

After about 2 weeks without any problems, the Hub had a solid Orange light (therefore no broadband) - no matter how many times I reset it (including "factory reset") or turned off and on, it wouldn't go to the Blue light state - only solid Orange.

I phoned BT and was told it was a faulty hub and they'd replace it.

No problem ... my Homehub 5 was still around, so I plugged it in and it worked without any problem.

A few days later - a new HH6 arrived ... plugged in, went to Blue, everything's working fine.

Two weeks later ...  new one now solid orange ... power on/off didn't resolve...reset didn't resolve !!!!

So, back to HH5 !!

Has anyone had the same problem. It's obviously not a hardware issue with the individual Hubs.

Is it something at the exchange ?

Is there a bug in the firmware ?

How do I reset the Hubs ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Hazy1980
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Solid Orange light on Homehub 6 - then the same again with a replacement

Same for me, will be on my fourth when it arrives.
The updated firmware is frying the hubs! When they arrive they will likely have a May 2016 firmware, its when it updates is the problem!!
0 Ratings
Timb-123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Have they given you any more information, or are you expecting to keep on replacing hubs ?

So the additional question ..... why just us ??  Why isn't this forum inundated with HH6 people having the same problem ?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Have you not read the forum?

0 Ratings
Timb-123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Haven't seen any posts on Solid Orange lights on HH6, then having to replace the actual Hub (apart from this discussion) ..... is this a wider problem,  Licquorice ?

...and back to my original post - is there a solution to this, or is the Hub buggered ? (again)

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

I was referring to the fact that the HH6 is a complete lemon with any number of different problems and countless posts of people having them replaced multiple times.

0 Ratings
Jocky1976
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Are you guys still having problems? I'm now waiting on my third smart hub being delivered I'm absolutely sick of BT Not listening to me when I say there is a problem with them.solid orange light after about 3 weeks of use.home hub 5 works perfectly when plugged in so my line is fine.
0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

I had a HH6 go south as well. Orange/green LED. Had to cLl engineer as wasn't sure at first. Replacement HH6 is ok so far, but because of the wait I wouldn't mind a backup Hub, are HH5 ok with Infinity 2? I had another thread and some said yes/no
0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 9 of 10

@QoQ wrote:
I had a HH6 go south as well. Orange/green LED. Had to cLl engineer as wasn't sure at first. Replacement HH6 is ok so far, but because of the wait I wouldn't mind a backup Hub, are HH5 ok with Infinity 2? I had another thread and some said yes/no

The HH5 is certainly okay with Infinity 2. In fact, you'll find a number of people on here who will say the HH5 works rather better than the HH6 does, in its present state.

p

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Thanks. Think I'll buy a 2nd hand one off eBay in case then. Other thread said about certain BT cabinets and stuff.
0 Ratings