cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aarong
Guru
Message 11 of 22

Re: Solid for a month. Now dropped and erratic...

Yea it's using my Mac i have the issue with, however, i have try an alternative P.C and still have the same issue, unless it's an issue with the Speedtester itself?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

it happens when the testers server gets over loaded all you can do is keep trying
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 13 of 22

@john46 wrote:
it happens when the testers server gets over loaded all you can do is keep trying

Tried constantly myself john over the past few days and still can't get a reading, it does the test, but just doesn't send to server and show me results. 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
hifistud
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 22

@Aarong wrote:

Tried constantly myself john over the past few days and still can't get a reading, it does the test, but just doesn't send to server and show me results. 

At the risk of sounding "me too", erm, me too...

0 Ratings
hifistud
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 22

And it's still bust - is anyone looking at this, does anyone know?? Mods??

0 Ratings
iSean
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 22

My Speed seems to be a solid 50mb at the moment. No change on upload. I was getting 61 but it seems they have taken 10mb off me for no reason. Probably because I can't cancel and move elsewhere.

To be fair I was predicted 52mb but why did I get 61mb.

Oh well. Still better than my 6.1mb i was previously getting on adsl. 

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 17 of 22

its not for no reason its automated so some reason was detected
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

As above, some instability/noise/errors were identified by DLM. So to protect the stability and integrity of the line, it lowers the speed.

I must have said this 100 times on these forums.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
iSean
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 22

10Mb is a bit of a drop though, wouldn't you agree? the odd mb I appreciate but just to take 10mb away seems a bit drastic.

Oh well. 

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

Depends what the cause was.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings