cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Solid orange light

I have had no broadband for over 4 weeks. The status light on all three BT hubs I have tried is solid orange .  I have had 5  openreach engineers visits, 3 lift and shifts, 3 times second line open reach have taken the line of BT and synchronised to get a blue light on my hub, then passed it back to BT to get solid orange.  Open reach say its a BT problem, BT say it's an open reach problem.  How do I fix this? Phoning BT every day doesn't work.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Solid orange light

@jezr2 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for the suggestion. No noise on the line and the engineers have done a pqt and say everything is good.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@jezr2 wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion. No noise on the line and the engineers have done a pqt and say everything is good.

Was the phone number that was read out when you dialled 17070 correct?

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The phone number comes back correctly when it identifies the circuit.  The problem is only with broadband when it failed suddenly on 24th March.  Openreach have run a central test head and obtained a blue light on the hub but it goes back to solid orange when passed back to BT.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Please bear in mind that with the current crisis, it could take longer than normal for one of them to deal with your request.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @jezr2,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you're having connection problems with your broadband.  I appreciate the amount of time that you have spent trying to get this sorted out and I am very sorry that it has been going on for over a month now.  Due to the current crisis, we would normally ask you to speak with our colleagues in the voice team as we are extremely busy at the moment however I appreciate you have already been down that route without success.

You can get in touch with us and we will help you but please bear in mind that there will be a delay in us getting round to picking up your case.  We will get back in touch with you as soon as we possibly can.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Appreciate your assistance I will let you know how I get on.

0 Ratings