Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Some feedback please

Go to solution
As to what sort of distance wifi wise people are getting from the bt setup. I am about to have bt installation, and will probably link in via wifi as it is not easy to move main socket and I don't really want wires trailing around the house. Is 15 metres feasible or should I consider improving the hardware.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: Some feedback please

Go to solution

That would actually depend on the router that you will use.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Yes I realise that. What I was querying was how have current users of the hh that bt supply find the supplied equipment performs.wifi wise.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Some users have ben lucky with their homehub and have no issues at all, unlike myself i found that the wireless would dropout occasionally.

Obviously as you know you won't get full speeds on wireless but it should be stubstantial enough just for general use. Although lots of people on this forum has replaced the homehub for other VDSL routers such as the Draytek, Netgear, Linksys etc.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
It very much depends on the layout of your house along with how much "interference" is present.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

rgh999 wrote:
Yes I realise that. What I was querying was how have current users of the hh that bt supply find the supplied equipment performs.wifi wise.

Hi my HH3 is in the front room upstairs in my house and I can still get 40 percent signal half way down my back garden which would be around 30 meters from the HH3.  

It seems to work ok for browsing the net.

So for me the HH3 works ok wifi wise.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the answers guys. My computer is also in the front room upstairs and the master socket is in the hall downstairs. This is where I plan to put the hub etc as I dont particularly want all the hardware upstairs. Ipad and phone are used a lot on wifi downstairs so a central position is best for me. It will mean all computers linking via wifi, but I am aware I will lose some speed. Was considering upgrading for a better wifi signal to boost speed. Dont do any gaming or heavy downloads, just the occasional streaming.

Anything over 5 MB will be a bonus!!!!!!

0 Ratings