cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 7

Some questions and observations.

Every time I use the BTW tester it gives different results for download/ping and upload,none of which are accurate.

The quoted line below is what the so called futher diagnotics screem deplays at the bottom.

"If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance."

So...how do I contact the administrator of the BT Wholesale tester server.?

There does not appear to be any way that direct communication can be made to any department in this company,we should not have to visit or even be a member of a forum to contact departments,it should all be done by links that are known to all.

And while on the subject of forums,how do I close my member account on this forum,?,it lets you register,but where is the option to close forum membership accounts.it is missing.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Some questions and observations.

I am interested to know how do you know none of the results you are getting are not accurate?

No idea about your question how to contact the BT Wholesale tester server but I suspect what it means is to contact your ISP who are the providers of your service.

If you wish to un-subscribe from the forum I'm sure a moderator will be able to delete your account from the system if you wish. Just ask here. 

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

Even if you can be completely unsubscribed, existing contributions can't be deleted as that would impact on others. If you don't want to participate any more you can just, well, not particpate any more. If you get bothered by email alerts in relation to threads you're subscribed to, you can switch it off in My Settings > Preferences. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 4 of 7

Hi Ironman123

Send us an email using the Contact the Mods link in my profile in the section 'About Me', we can look into the points you have raised here.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

StuartH,

I have sent you an email via your profile.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

StuartH,

I have recieved an email  a week ago now stating that I have been deleted from the forum membership list and that my membership is no longer active.

But as I expected no such action was taken,because I can still sign in and post.

Why do BT lie so much,the fact that they are all just cut and paste artists is the main reason why I requested my membership on this forum to be deleted along with any passwords and email addresses used here.

Please do not send emails to me that are untrue.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 7 of 7

Hi guys,

Apologies for the delay with this.  That's everything closed off now.

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings