cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Some websites only working if I use a VPN

I wonder if any one could help with this issue as I am finding there are certain websites that I only seem to be able to connect to from my home network if I turn on a VPN (e.g. NordVPN). 

I'm finding this issue is affecting all devices connected to my home network and none of them can see certain sites unless I connect to a VPN. 

I have of course reset my router and all devices but I was wondering if there is some kind of caching happening and if I can flush it on the hub manager?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Some websites only working if I use a VPN

Is it Nord VPN you are using?  I had a similar issue with ExpressVPN which turned out to be a settings issue in the VPN even though it should not have been looking at the VPN.

@gideoncresswellwrote:

I wonder if any one could help with this issue as I am finding there are certain websites that I only seem to be able to connect to from my home network if I turn on a VPN (e.g. NordVPN). 

I'm finding this issue is affecting all devices connected to my home network and none of them can see certain sites unless I connect to a VPN. 

I have of course reset my router and all devices but I was wondering if there is some kind of caching happening and if I can flush it on the hub manager?

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yes I am using Nord VPN.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@gideoncresswell 

I've just been experiencing this with Euro Car Parts.

I don't use any BT equipment or DNS servers. I use an Asus & either google or OpenDNS but cannot connect to the above website. However , using any VPN I can connect instantly.

Very strange. Doesn't help you but you're not alone.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Not for me. Still the same.

0 Ratings