cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ziauddinbutt
Beginner
Message 11 of 45

Re: Someone Please Help

I dont know what to do im on the phone to Bt as I type this and again they have no idea of what is going on and have said the same thing that they being saying for the last four months "Problem is going to be escalated with BT wholesale and they will do some work and we will contact you in the next 24hours to see if problem is fixed" its driving me insane.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 45

You must leave your hub connected and switched on, do not restart the hub. Your connected time only shows five hours.

When you reach a connected time of at least 10 days, if the speed has not increased, then it may be worth e-mailing the forum moderators, to see if they can do a full diagnostic test.

Do NOT be temped to reset or disconnect the hub or line. It may re-sync on it own, during the 10 day period. If it does, then make a note of the speed and noise margin.

Contacting the help desk will only result in them asking you to restart the hub, which will make matters worse.

ziauddinbutt
Beginner
Message 13 of 45

Hi ive had the hub connected for the last week and it resets itself the orange light will start flashing automatically at will. I have it connected with no extentions strait to the test socket and it still resets. So unfortunately im unable to do that as the line has a mind of its own.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 45

check your attenuation against this site http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php you will see your attenuation gives you slightly more then 10mb on a good line your line is approx 2.8km long unfortunatly no two lines are the same your neighbours line maybe routed in a dfferent way to the exchange and there fore have different attenuations  there fore higher speed sorry that just the way it goes and thee is no way to solve that one

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 45

I assume that you mean the Broadband light, as I have one of the old home hubs?
It is possible that the hub is faulty, have you got another router that you can try?
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 45

As has already been said you need to try and maintain your connection 24/7 for the next 3/6 days.  The resets/disconnections have been seen by the exchange as a noise problem on your line and it looks like you are in a banded profile (nothing to do with ip profile) until your line stabilises

If after the suggested period if your speed has not returned then you are going to need mod assistance to get you out of the banded profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ziauddinbutt
Beginner
Message 17 of 45

Hi this is the third router and has been on since monday the probelm is that I cant get it to stay connected for that period of time as the BB light will automatically start flashing orange on its own and the router will reset the max days ive had it connected without doing so has been 3 days and 5 hours, with no differance in sync cpeed or noise levels.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 45

the fixed speed of 3072 and high noise margin even after restarts are what you would expect in a banded profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ziauddinbutt
Beginner
Message 19 of 45

s the best thing for me to do, Ive tried leaving the hub to do tis thing but it doenst seem to be working as it keeps resetting at its own will even though its the third one and arrived only this week. Im lost for what I can actually do as its beyond my control and firmly in BTs court to sort as it looks to be a line fault and as you say a branded ip profile, any advice or help on how to resolve it would be very much appreciateed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 45

if your hub is connected to the test socket and you have tried other hubs and you are still getting regular disconnections then I cannot see how you can do anything more.  I would suggest you send an email to the mods for assistance with your account and phone number and a link back to this thread  forum.moderation.team@bt.com