cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ziauddinbutt
Beginner
Message 41 of 45

Re: Someone Please Help

Looks as if the sync and ip profile issues are finally over after a very torrid and frustratin four months (still not as fast as the 15mbps sync : 14mbps ip I was getting prior to the problems but still very glad), But I have a few questions so if someone could analyse the below stats and post please.

Heres the latest router stats:

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time2 days, 9:20:54
Downstream12,747 Kbps
Upstream1,059 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)5.6 dB / 6.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)38.0 dB / 20.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.4 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)33
Loss of Signal (Local)3
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 4294967208
CRC Errors (Down/Up)30815 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)2

And Bt speedtest:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 12623 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 4000-21000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :12747 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1059 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 11000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 9.28:33.51:57.2 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The questions are:

1. Whenever ive run the Bt speedtest my download speed has always been 12.5 - 13.9mbps higher then both my ip and sync speed, does this mean that I can actually get it raised higher.

2. My upload speed seems to be struggling at both sync and ip profile the stats being 1059mbps : 750kpbs is this anything to worry about.

3. What is the best adsl2+ modem router to purchase on the market that will give me the best A) sync speed B) wireless range and  C) fastest media streaming and data transfer speeds.

Again thankyou for your expertise.

0 Ratings
ziauddinbutt
Beginner
Message 42 of 45

Looks as if the sync and ip profile issues are finally over after a very torrid and frustratin four months (still not as fast as the 15mbps sync : 14mbps ip I was getting prior to the problems but still very glad), But I have a few questions so if someone could analyse the below stats and post please.

Heres the latest router stats:

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time2 days, 9:20:54
Downstream12,747 Kbps
Upstream1,059 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)5.6 dB / 6.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)38.0 dB / 20.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.4 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)33
Loss of Signal (Local)3
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 4294967208
CRC Errors (Down/Up)30815 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)2

And Bt speedtest:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 12623 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 4000-21000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :12747 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1059 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 11000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 9.28:33.51:57.2 (SBE:NBE:smileytongue:BE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The questions are:

1. Whenever ive run the Bt speedtest my download speed has always been 12.5 - 13.9mbps higher then both my ip and sync speed, does this mean that I can actually get it raised higher.

2. My upload speed seems to be struggling at both sync and ip profile the stats being 1059mbps : 750kpbs is this anything to worry about.

3. What is the best adsl2+ modem router to purchase on the market that will give me the best A) sync speed B) wireless range and  C) fastest media streaming and data transfer speeds.

Again thankyou for your expertise.

0 Ratings
ziauddinbutt
Beginner
Message 43 of 45

Anyone?

0 Ratings
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 45

I use a Draytek Vigor 2820N and have never had any problems at all. Prior to converting to Infinity it had an uptime well in excess of 200 days. I still use it purely as a router (it is a modem/router) for Infinity. This was installed two weeks ago and the Vigor has never stopped or resynch'd. I get download speed of 32 - 35 Mbps and upload at about 2 Mbps (maximum figures for Infinity option 1 are 40Mbps down and 2Mbps up so I am well pleased).

The Drayteks are a little more expensive than some others but their quality is excellent (BTW I have no connection with the company - just very pleased with the products).

wedding

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 45

i would be very happy with those results certainly nothing to worry about as to routers i would always say personal choice from personal experience you pay your money and takes your choice
0 Ratings