Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mellow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: Someone pls help, urgent!!!

Go to solution

Still having the same problem here. And I've been unable to do the speed test. It keeps returning error 504.No response from mods either. It seems the last resort for me is to switch from BT to another provider. I'll have to call them and ask for my MAC code now. Too bad. The reason I joined BT broadband was to be able to use BTfon when I'm out and about but no point really now since I can't even use the their broadband @ home.

Thanks again to everyone who tried to help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution
Hi please give the mods chance to get back to you all mails are dealt with in turn and it is a weekend when only a few of them work that is why it is suggested that you give up to 72 hours they are kept very busy but they have an excellent record of getting problems solved also if you apply for a mac code you will also incur a contract cancellation charge of the remainder of your outstanding contract period which will be very expensive please just be paitient and could you please post your full hub stats
If you post the full stats from your router
For homehub – type 192.168.1.254 into your browser
Navigate to ADSL Settings or use the A-Z at the top right of the home page and scroll down to ADSL Settings and click on it
Click on More Details and then post the full results.

And post the full results from http://speedtester.bt.com/

then someone may be able to help and offer more advice.
mellow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

Ok, the hub stats is:

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:01:19
Downstream:3.617 Mbps
Upstream:1.051 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):6.2 dB / 6.5 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):40.4 dB / 22.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):18.9 dBm / 12.6 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):5658 / 54
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):90386 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):174619 / 283
0 Ratings
mellow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

Oh and I have been unable to do the speed test. I keep getting an error 504.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution
Your hub is showing an up time of only one minute have you been restarting your hub to try and increase your speed or has it just restarted on its own. If you have been restarting it your yourself then please do not as this causes more problems than it is worth. As you are in your 10 day training period all you can do is sit it out patiently as it will improve looking at your stats you have the basis of a good connection and reasonable speed have you tried the BT Quiet line test preferably using a corded phone connected to the master socket dial 17070 and select option 2 you should hear no noise any noise heard should be reported dialling 151 and reporting a noisy line but do NOT mention broadband once any noise issues have been fixed then your broadband will improve
mellow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

No, I haven't restarted the hub. I called BT and the they ran some sort of test on the line and the hub restarted on its own. They also said they'll keep running other tests and then will inform me of what could be done to improve the speed. Waiting for now...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution
hi ok personally I would have waited for the mods to reply they are far better at sorting this sort of problem then the call centres are as the mods have access to all areas of bt and have an excellent record of sorting issues quickly also did you try the quiet line test??
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

you have a huge number of error seconds 174619 which have happened since connected of just over a minute.  it would help your connection and maybe get rid of some of the errors if you were able to connect to the test socket.  I think you said you had a problem before with the test socket connection but that is your direct contact with the exchange and should be your best connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
mellow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

I tried connecting to the main socket today but no luck...still the same as before...Smiley Sad Someone from the call centre called and again ran some tests etc...but after 1hour and 10 minutes, I'm still where I started.Smiley Mad This is so frustrating...I'm at my wit's end now; I wish I had found this forum before I decided to get BT broadband.

Why can't BT be like the other providers??? Jeeessssuuus!!!

PS: Sorry about the rant...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

I would be getting annoyed by now as well.  If India don't seem to be getting anywhere then complete form and get mods involvedhttp://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

they will get in touch may take few days but they will help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.