Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taus
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Sonic wall network security

Go to solution

Hello,

What is the Sonic wall network security and how do I manage it? (or switch it off)

I was trying to access citeseer, this is a .edu webpage with technical articles.

This webpage is being blocked by Sonic wall network security, it says that this site has been blocked by the network administrator.

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sonic wall network security

Go to solution

As far as I am aware, Sonic Wall is not a BT product.

It can come preinstalled with Dell Computers and is often installed on business computers. If it is on your own computer and you no longer want it would need to go into the "Add Remove Programs" and uninstall it.

If it is installed on your business computer you will not be able to uninstall it unless you have administrator privileges which you possibly won't have or be given by your employer.

You may be able to turn it off temporarily if you go into the program's settings.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I have tried to access this site just now and get the same message and this is using a non Dell Computer I suspect a site issue
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
I have tried to access this site just now and get the same message and this is using a non Dell Computer I suspect a site issue

I have just tried the site and get the same message. It looks like it could be the website host that is blocking it. 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
also blocked using a mobile phone network
0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Sonic wall does many things but is often a reverse proxy that filter inbound traffic to a website to protect the website from attack. Given others are seeing this message also it appears the website hosting is at fault.
0 Ratings