cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Sopcast not working after BT Infinity installed. Need to change TCP/UDP settings?

Hope someone can help with this. I recently upgraded my BT broadband service to BT Infinity. Everything has been going well and the speeds are good.

However, today I tried Sopcast for the first time since the upgrade and it just will not connect to any channels. Using the Sopcast service diagnostic tool gives the following result:

"DNS resolving test ...
Resolve DNS host name successfully ...

TCP connection test ...
Can not setup TCP connection [2]  [4]  

UDP connection test ...
Can not setup UDP connection [1]  

SopCast service test ...
SopCast service is not available ..."

Now this has already exceeded my technical know-how considerably!

I don't know very much about TCP and UDP but I think they are related to port settings in the router. I have no idea how to change them or what they should be changed to.

Prior to my upgrade to Infinity, I didn't have a router. Just the very early BT hub for which I never needed to change any settings.

Can anyone help with this problem? My wife uses Sopcast regularly to keep up with Chinese news and is really missing it!

Thank you.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sopcast not working after BT Infinity installed. Need to change TCP/UDP settings?

"SopCast is a simple, free way to broadcast video and audio or watch the video and listen to radio on the Internet. Adopting P2P(Peer-to-Peer) technology"

its p2p and p2p is throttled on infinity

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: Sopcast not working after BT Infinity installed. Need to change TCP/UDP settings?

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I could understand it if the speed was throttled but it's just not connecting at all.

I don't think p2p throttling is the problem here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 7

i just tried using a proxy
the site is down http://www.isup.me/sopcast.com
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thanks but that link tells me the site is up. I tried Sopcast again and it still won't connect.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I have the same problem and thought it might be related to the throttling of P2P. How can we discount this once and for all?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I think that I can discount it. Whenever I encountered the Sopcast problem, I tried some other P2P software and that worked fine with great speeds.

I think it's either some router settings that need to be changed or perhaps BT are blocking some Sopcast streams.

Still hoping for a solution!

0 Ratings