cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Sorry Number porting again.

Afternoon everyone. Just need a few tips please.

Currently with Virgin and coming to end of contract for Phone ,TV and Broadband. We want to move from them to BT.

Landline number is owned by BT and we had BT at current address prior to joining Virgin some years ago.

Are there any steps I can take to give me a better chance on keeping our telephone number, when we move to BT.

I need to persuade the wife that it will work correctly this time.

Thanks..

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sorry Number porting again.

@slackgarry 

If its owned by BT Retail, then once you get your phone line activated, you need to request a re-number back to your original number, provided your Virgin Media service has been ceased, and your number returned to BT.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Sorry Number porting again.

If BT are the range holder for the number , and you previously had the number via BT at the same address then it shouldn’t be a problem , it’s just a reversal of the number port to VM ,( returning it to the range holder ) , but as with most things there is always the small possibility of it going wrong.

It may be better to arrange it by speaking to a customer service rep rather than ‘on line’ , so that the fact that the number required is currently ported can be highlighted, but that’s just my opinion.