Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterjriddle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 71 of 166

Re: Sound Issues on BT TV Channels

Go to solution
Yes it seems a problem but I am assured that BT tech people are trying to fix it. It’s strange we only get it happening on live sport.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 72 of 166

Go to solution
Even stranger that is only affects some users. My thinking is maybe there is an HDMI handshaking problem with the TV. Need to know what makes and models of TV people are using.
0 Ratings
Brispope
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 166

Go to solution
This problem can be recreated without the TV if connected to AV receIver via HDMI or optical. My understanding is that the chips/processors in some youview boxes cannot cope with the faster speeds being rolled out
0 Ratings
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 74 of 166

Go to solution

Any news on this issue yet, I understand that it was being looked into and it was agreed that there was a problem not related to the user's set up but it seems to have gone very quiet.

Tracey

0 Ratings
peterjriddle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 166

Go to solution
It doesn’t seem to be a quick update to sort out sound drops on live BT sport they might be finding it harder to repair just for a few people. It has been mentioned a new updated box could be the fix
0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 76 of 166

Go to solution

Hi Captainkirk

Sorry I haven't been in touch. I've requested an update and will call you once I have something.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Nobleicam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 77 of 166

Go to solution

Hi, If you look back, I was the person who originally started this particular thread.  After alot of back and forth, try this, try that etc, it finally came down to one thing.  A NEW BOX...  Problem sorted !  If you haven't been offered one yet, it might be worth a try.  Good Luck....

0 Ratings
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 78 of 166

Go to solution

Thanks Nobleicam, it seems as if that will be the solution I think - I saw another thread where someone had the same problem and the box had been replaced which also solved the issue for them.  Must be something to do with the hardware in the box.

Tracey

0 Ratings
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 79 of 166

Go to solution

Thanks Stuart, look forward to hearing from you

Tracey

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 80 of 166

Go to solution

Just to add, I have had a new box for just over a week now and the issue remains though the box has yet to update its software to 29.36 so that may make a difference, hopefully.

0 Ratings