Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 101 of 166

Re: Sound Issues on BT TV Channels

Go to solution
I've only managed to order a new Humax box from BT, now I'm wondering if it is the router hub that's the issue instead of the YouView box?

Is it more likely to be the router hub?

It's an FTTP property.
0 Ratings
peterjriddle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 102 of 166

Go to solution
Can’t answer that as both of mine was replaced at the same time. I guess tech BT engineer would need to answer that.
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 103 of 166

Go to solution
@aos101
Are you still experiencing the same issue?
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 104 of 166

Go to solution

@peterjriddlewrote:
Can’t answer that as both of mine was replaced at the same time. I guess tech BT engineer would need to answer that.

They only ordered a new youview box because the normal broadband was working correctly, that was their explanation when I asked if getting a new router hub would help. 

However if the issue persists after installing a new youview box then I'll mention and ask for a new hub or engineer to be sent  

0 Ratings
aos101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 105 of 166

Go to solution
Yeah still getting the problem. I guess the silence from BT on here means they still haven't really got a grip on the problem?
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 106 of 166

Go to solution
@cooperman
Did the software update make any difference?
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 107 of 166

Go to solution
@Nobleicam
Hi, have the sound dropouts finally gone for good since you got the new youview box?
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 108 of 166

Go to solution

@coopermanwrote:

Just to add, I have had a new box for just over a week now and the issue remains though the box has yet to update its software to 29.36 so that may make a difference, hopefully.

29.36, which part of the software information menu does this relate to? component software or Manufacturer software? 

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 109 of 166

Go to solution
Isn't this sound issue which incidentally occurs not just with the BTSport channels be to do with the hubs incoming speed which the YouView box cannot cope with audio wise?
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 110 of 166

Go to solution
Also I suppose one has to remember that not everyone has the same speed package, therefore those that either don't experience an issue at all or have had a new youview box could mean it's fixed for them because their BB speed isn't as fast as some other customers, just a thought though.
0 Ratings