Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nobleicam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 166

Sound Issues on BT TV Channels

Go to solution

Does anyone have a sound issue with BT TV HD Channels.  Every 20/30 secs it seems to stutter/blip the sound.  This also happens with some non-HD channels (Turbo, Science etc).  Live Chat has had me reset everything, reset at their end, check cables etc and yet nothing fixes the problem.  It just keeps cutting out for a brief time.  Can't seem to find a way to get any further help that doesn't involve Live Chat (India).  Have a Home Hub 6 & Infinity 2 package. Ethernet connected from YouView box to Hub.  Are there any settings that I can adjust etc.  Thanks, for any help with this...

0 Ratings
165 REPLIES 165
JohnC2
Message 2 of 166

Re: Sound Issues on BT TV Channels

Go to solution

Hi @Nobleicam Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. 

Just to clarify are you only experiencing the sound issues with the Internet channels? 
are you experiencing any issues with your broadband connection?

Post back and let me know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Nobleicam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 166

Go to solution

Hi, Also happens with some of the more obscure non-HD channels like Turbo (337), SC Science(336) etc.  The broadband cuts out in the Kitchen area, which is two rooms from the Hub with the doors open, when using BT TV app on iPad/iPhone.  Used to have Hub 5 - same problem.  Renewed contract to get the Hub 6 as BT said it was the 'Best Ever'.  I only live in a two bedroom, first floor flat !  I use a BT Broadband Extender in the kitchen, which helps, but still not a reliable signal.  Thanks...

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 166

Go to solution

Hi @Nobleicam Thanks for posting back.

The issue could be with the broadband extenders. Are you able to connect your Youview box to the hub with and ethernet cable and test to see if you experience the sound issues then?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Nobleicam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 166

Go to solution

The Youview box is already directly connected to the Hub with an ethernet cable.  The mini wifi hotspot 500 is also connected to the Hub with an ethernet cable so that it boosts the wifi to the kitchen which has an extender plugged into a socket.  If I disconnect the extender from the Hub the stuttering sound issue remains.  Thanks...

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 166

Go to solution

Hi @Nobleicam Thanks for confirming that.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 7 of 166

Go to solution

We have the same problem here, it's been stuttering through the sound during the football - the picture has been fine but the sound is terrible!

0 Ratings
trapdoor
Expert
Message 8 of 166

Go to solution

Been watching some Disco SC today, this issue of sound dropouts or stuttering is still happening.

I'm on Infinity 2, full 80 down, 20 up, box plugged directly into the router by a half metre Cat6 cable. Router is a 3rd party TP-Link and has guaranteed bandwidth set for the YV box. No significant errors, no line noise.

As far as I can tell, this is probably the same encoding issue that happened several years ago with BT Vision where sound dropouts were happening on several channels. It was a faulty encoder somewhere in the core multicast network.

BT need to look into this and sort it out - they seem to have been forgotten about this and the thread is creeping below radar.

0 Ratings
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 9 of 166

Go to solution

Still have the problem here, the stuttering sound on the football tonight is very noticeable.  The picture is fine and the box is connected directly to the router, we have no extenders.

0 Ratings
Nobleicam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 166

Go to solution

Hi John, Still getting the same issues with BT TV since we last spoke.  I think the only other possible solution you mentioned was the device to monitor any possible Packet Loss etc.  Thanks, Ian...

0 Ratings