Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 111 of 166

Re: Sound Issues on BT TV Channels

Go to solution
Incidentally this sound dropout issue does not occur when using the BT-TV App.
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 112 of 166

Go to solution
Can a mod please help with this issue as BTCARE say they know nothing about it.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 113 of 166

Go to solution

Hi @sea2dog sorry you are having a problem with the sound on your subscription channels.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 114 of 166

Go to solution
@seadog2 My box is now on Manufacturer software 31.28.0. The Problem is not as bad as it was but there are still occasional dropouts on BT Sport channels. I only use the box for that purpose so no idea if it occurs on other channels.
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 115 of 166

Go to solution
Same as mine.

Does pausing it work for you? seems to work for me.
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 116 of 166

Go to solution
My sound issues appear only in live subscription channels which includes BTSPORT, I wonder if those that experience the sound dropouts are those that have the fastest broadband speed packages?
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 117 of 166

Go to solution

@peterjriddlewrote:
Yes I believe boxes with serial number starting with 14........ are affected by sound issues and are going to be replaced

What should the serial number start with that corrects the dropout sound issues? I take it its 15?

I've been told that my next box is down for a new one, so I'm hoping it doesn't start with anything less than 15.

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 118 of 166

Go to solution

@peterjriddlewrote:
BT replaced my Homehub & HUMAX box sound issues disappeared Now I’m happy watching faultless TV

Like the serial number for the YouView box is there anyway of knowing if I have an old version of the homehub going by the serial number? 

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 119 of 166

Go to solution

Pausing a live stream for 2 seconds does still cure the problem although I rarely do this now as it is only a minor glitch compared to what it was.

I get a stable 60-62 Mbps download but have not used the HH for some time so can’t help with your firmware version. Since switching to a third party modem/router I have cured all the old issues I had with a HH such as dropped connections and speed stability, the outlay was well worth it compared to the frustration given by the HH.

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 120 of 166

Go to solution
Knowing what my issue is I'd hope they'd send me a youview box of the kind that doesn't have the intermittent audio dropouts.

Going through the setup again then perhaps finding it hasn't helped will be really frustrating.

0 Ratings