Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 161 of 166

Re: Sound Issues on BT TV Channels

Go to solution
Let me just say that I never had the issue affecting all BT channels, only the live bt Sport channels, so because of this I really don't think that a new hub will fix the problem as if it was the hubs fault it would affect all channels that come through the hub.
0 Ratings
Brispope
Aspiring Contributor
Message 162 of 166

Go to solution

I’ll go along with the hub comment.   I would also say that that speed is not the problem either,  I have had issues on 30mbps and still get them on 65mbps.   As I’ve said before I believe data packets are being sent faster than the processor in the youview box can reassemble them.  Strangely I have been watching BT Sport tonight whilst recording another program which is usually a recipe for sound problems but there have been very few.

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 163 of 166

Go to solution
Yes, and for those that have been sent both as replacement I would hazard a guess that it's been luck that it has resolved their issue.
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 164 of 166

Go to solution
Were you aware of a BT-TV app issue with the current version?
Apparently a bug has been found, and a new software update will be available soon that addresses the bug which is affecting recordings using the BT-TV APP to record episodes remotely.

They updated the firmware for the box, they've yet to update their app.
0 Ratings
Jayhawk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 165 of 166

Go to solution

I have had this problem for a couple of years or more, and have changed boxes, HDMI leads etc for other reasons, not just this and it is still going on, I've just been putting up with it. Watching Spurs v Southampton at the moment. To be clear this is hiccupping sound on BT Sport channels only, not Freeview channels. From reading these forums it is a widespread problem, with no clear solution. I'm not sure that solving the problem for individuals is the answer, because it seems to be a system issue. What does seem to help, as suggested before, is pausing the stream for 10 secs or so, which would indicate a problem with the BT stream itself. Was quite bad before I tried this, better at the moment.

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 166 of 166

Go to solution
When it does occur during live BT Sport channels it happens enough not to worry me too much, and of course like you mentioned, pausing helps.
0 Ratings