Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 61 of 166

Re: Sound Issues on BT TV Channels

Go to solution

I've emailed our details David, thanks.

Have you seen this post from a bit further down re sound issues?  I think it is by kkkk and I wondered if it was related at all and if it is it would seem point to quite a bit problem!

Re: BT Youview iPlayer smart hub 6 stutter on 55mb infinity

For information to others who may have the same problem, It affects the T2100 and T1000 boxes aswell as the T2200.

The current temporary fix seems to be to use iPlayer in standard definition, not high definition, in the iPlayer settings.

On the Youview forum there are numerous pages on this problem with no sign of a fix in sight.

Best wishes, Tracey

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 62 of 166

Go to solution

@peterjriddle We've passed over your details to our BT TV experts to get this looked into further. We'll get back in touch with you when they provide us with an update. 

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 63 of 166

Go to solution

Hi Captainkirk

I've picked this case up and I've passed the full details over to the TV Experts team. Once I have a further update I will be in touch.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
peterjriddle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 166

Go to solution
Thank you for your interest but I changed the iplayer setting with no effect I still getting sound stuttering when watching even Sky football as well as BT sports etc
0 Ratings
trapdoor
Expert
Message 65 of 166

Go to solution

Hi, sorry only just picked up this request.

I'm on infinity FTTC, TP-Link VR900 router with 80 down, 20 up sync speed (plus headroom)

YV box is connected directly to the router with a short CAT6 cable and to the TV via HDMI. TV is a Panasonic VIERA TX-L42E5B

There are insignificant numbers of errors on the router stats.

This issue hasn't always been there. It started happening a few months ago, I believe after the new look firmware was rolled out.

It does not present on all IP channels, and HD channels are no worse than SD channels. In fact the worst offender for me appears to be Discovery Science.

anything else you need, please let me know.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 66 of 166

Go to solution

Hi @trapdoor Thanks for posting that information back for us.

Would you drop us over your details and we'll report this for you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
trapdoor
Expert
Message 67 of 166

Go to solution

Thanks John, have filled out the form as requested.

0 Ratings
peterjriddle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 166

Go to solution

Just to keep you up to date I am still having issues when watching live sport on both BT Sport & Sky Main Event channels. I watched live football & tennis on these channels and still experiencing both sound glitches and pixels on screen every 2/3mins.

I used a timer this time to test. This only happens watching live sport not when watching recorded games I also noticed it happens when the adverts are showing within this channel. No other channels give me a problem I tested this when one of the BT experts called to talk about this problem. As of yet i see no fix but hopefully BT are working hard to try to sort this out & I can watch my live sport without being irritated. I will keep you up to date and explain as I find it happening.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 69 of 166

Go to solution

Sorry I've not read the whole thread, however I have a minor sound issue, sometimes the sounds on my home cinema amp all come out of the main speakers rather than the front one. Fortunatly pausing/ restarting seems to cure it, odd though. I'm using HDMI with it set to surround. Never had problem with other devices so assuming the problem is with BT box.

Hope you get it sorted sound should be very good when it's working properly.

0 Ratings
Taylori
Beginner
Message 70 of 166

Go to solution

I have exactly the same stuttering of sound on live channels.

Polaroid TV.

BT 6 Hub.

Extenders.

Humax DTRT4000 You View box.

BT, it needs fixing otherwise customers will go elsewhere!!

0 Ratings