Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trapdoor
Expert
Message 81 of 166

Re: Sound Issues on BT TV Channels

Go to solution

I had a call last week from BT asking a few questions about which channels were affected and querying the build number of my box, and the upshot was a new box would be sent out to me. However I’ve not actually received this replacement yet so I wonder if they have found that it isn’t build date related.

have to say, I wasn’t relishing the wrath of Mrs T when I told her all her recordings would go when I put the new box in!

0 Ratings
peterjriddle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 166

Go to solution
Yes I believe boxes with serial number starting with 14........ are affected by sound issues and are going to be replaced
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 83 of 166

Go to solution

Hi @cooperman Thanks for the update and I will update the team investigating this fault with your comments.

thanks

John

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 84 of 166

Go to solution

I also have an intermittent sound dropout on live football.  It only appears to affect the background crowd noise and not the commentary, but occurs fairly regularly so it becomes rather irritating - it's almost as if the signal can't cope with the amount of sound coming from the crowd.

I have just changed my TV and it used to occur with the old set so I think that rules the TV out.

0 Ratings
thekelbs
Beginner
Message 85 of 166

Go to solution
I have exactly the same issue with any of the streamed channels. Notice it most when watching Bt Sport and Discovery. Really frustrating trying to watch Notts Forest vs Arsenal this afternoon!
0 Ratings
Brispope
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 166

Go to solution

I shared your pain, Arsenal have been frustrating me all season.    Quick solution, as mentioned previously in this forum,  press pause for a second then press play.   Long term solution, replacement box.  Took a while but worked for me.

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 87 of 166

Go to solution

Contacted help via chat yesterday morning and was advised to do a factory reset which I did, which was follwed by a phone call from a very pleasant Indian chap who told me this was necessary to update the software and players - I had already checked thet the software was at the latest version - and that he had already sorted out several customers with this problem and that it would be cured.  I was sceptical but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Needless to say the problem was still present during the afternoon match, perhaps even worse, or maybe it was just because I was concentrating on it more.

Contacted chat again, who did a remote reboot - presumaby the same as me doing a soft reboot? - and was again reassured that this would fix the problem.  I mentioned that I had been told that in the morning and he said he would call tonght, since I would be able to check with the live match being broadcast.

Brispope, how did you wangle a new box out of them? 

0 Ratings
Brispope
Aspiring Contributor
Message 88 of 166

Go to solution

Persistence, it took a couple of months.  The tech guys at BT were really helpful but I suspect they are a small cog in a large corporation.  This forum is the only place I found any reference to the problem and those that have had a solution seem to have had replacement boxes.  Maybe trying the “thinking of leaving BT” phone line and quoting this forum might be another option.  Would they want to lose your custom over a £100 box?

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 89 of 166

Go to solution

Trouble is I've only just recontracted and did ask if I would get a new box, but was told no.  I guess I should have tried harder!

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 90 of 166

Go to solution

I have had a new box an a new HH6 recently to try and cure this problem. It hasn’t but it is better than it was with the old box. The fact that it is better than it was with the new box suggests it is likely to be a hardware problem with some youview boxes.

0 Ratings