cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Sound / Picture out of sync

Hope someone can help.

Ive had a BT Youview Box for just over a month now and the picture and sound are out of sync by about half a second. Some channels are worse than others.

The terrostrial channels are not as bad as the internet channels (ie. Comedy Central, Discovery) with some programmes been out of sync by about 1 second. Very noticable when watching Friends for example. 

In my case the sound is ahead of the image. Ive tried altering the setting which changes the sync in milliseconds but this only gives you the option to bring the sound forward, not backwards...

In my previous home I was using Virgin Media, which I didn't have a problem at all so its most likely the Youview Box.

Also, Im  not using any extra speakers just the standard ones on the TV

Does anyone have any other suggestions I could try? 

Cheers

Tom

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sound / Picture out of sync

@Tomh1991 wrote:

Hope someone can help.

In my case the sound is ahead of the image. Ive tried altering the setting which changes the sync in milliseconds but this only gives you the option to bring the sound forward, not backwards...

Er, no.  Unless there is something *very* wrong with your box this setting is to delay the audio.  I have mine set in the region of 120ms.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sound / Picture out of sync

Which TV do you have? Are you changing the sound setting in your TV or the YouView box?

Are you using a sound bar/ external speaker system?

Btw sometimes the sound can be intermittent on the internet channels but I normally find changing the channel to something else and thenback again resolves this...

0 Ratings