Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrenj1571
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Sound breakup and loss on internet channels only

Go to solution

For about the last three months I have been experiencing sound breakup and more recently complete sound loss when watching internet channels.  I have to switch youview off and back on to get the sound back.  Normal tv is fine just internet channels.

I have read similar posts about this but cannot find a solution.

I don't want to ring the useless helpline as I've already tried the following:

Reset Homehub

Reset Youview

Changed cables (the problem persists with HDMI or Optical sound)

The only thing that appears to have some kind of tie-in to the problem is the Homehub blocking a channel because of "spoofing protection".  Another forum post has mentioned that the blocked channel is youview.

My log reads:

IN: BLOCK [12] Spoofing protection (IGMP 192.168.1.254->224.0.0.22 on ptm0)

This occurs about every 10 seconds when watching internet channels but not at all when watching normal tv so I'm certain that this is the issue.

Is there a way to stop the hub blocking this or any other work around that anyone knows of as I only watch internet channels and it's driving me mad?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: Sound breakup and loss on internet channels only

Go to solution
What hub type is it?
Do you have any extra equipment connected to the hub?
Is their any error codes that appear?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Also forgot to add are you using powerline adapters or are you connected staight to your hub?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
darrenj1571
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks rarmitage,

I am using a HomeHub 5.

The YouView box is a Humax DTRT1000 and is the only device connected to the hub with an Ethernet cable (I have tried using a different cable and in a different ethernet slot).

I have 2 phones, 2 tablets, a pc and xbox one connected wirelessly.

I'm not using any powerline adaptors.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
darrenj1571
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Sorry, forgot to add that there are no error messages appearing.

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution
Are you using surround sound ?

Have their been any problems with your internet recently ?

0 Ratings
darrenj1571
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

I currently have the sound passed into my xbox via HDMI and then Optical out of xbox into a Home Theatre system.  I did initially suspect that this was a problem as xbox only recently allowed the sound to be passed through but I have tried to just simply use the tv withut the xbox or home theatre system but the problem still persists.

I had an issue with the hub but it was after the sound issue had started.  My issue was that my Surface Pro and Windows phone were being repeatedly disconnected from the hub but all Apple products were as well as the xbox were fine. 

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Have you tried hitting the pause button for a second or two then pressing play?

darrenj1571
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Hunter,

Difficult to understand but I switched channel to fox, breakup as usual towards the end of a program so I paused it for 5 seconds and then pressed play and it has been fine since.  Strange workaround but I can live with it.

Interesting to note that my gf has been watching normal TV all afternoon and my event log was fine but as soon as I switched it to the internet channel the Spoofing Protection is popping up every few seconds again.

Thank you for the extremely simple but useful fix!

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Exactly the same situation with some of my IPTV channels. To put the box on pause and then restart a few seconds later isn't a solution. Can one of the mods consult with the technical crew and confirm that this issue is being addressed? Interestingly it occurs mostly on commercial breaks as far as I'm concerned, which is wierd. Is there some correlation between types of source and this being evident.

It's not new either, I spotted it on my V+ box from the very beginning of contract and on the second day of BT Sport going on air. It used to be present on every Betting Sting into and out of live coverage. It's also prevalent on SSHD too. 

Some answers might be useful.

0 Ratings