cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Sound intermittent on BT Sport

Having trouble with BT Sports live football for last few days now the sound keeps breaking up but the picture is fine, anyone having same problem? It's only on Sports Channels ok everything else. Also we watching it through the box on tv not an app and it's starting to drive me mad!!
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sound intermittent on BT Sport

Getting exactly the same, every so often sound cuts out for a sec then comes back on.  Happened last night on bt sports 3 sd and now tonight on 2 sd.  Never happened on any other channels but Sports....I'm on 65mb fibre ethernet.

It becomes annoying after a while. Only noticed it this week, Moto GP was ok.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Having exactly the same problem for the last couple of months, the link shows three pages of people having the same issue why aren't BT sorting this out.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

I've noticed the same quite regularly on football and cricket. 

Being a grumpy cynic, and judging by how often this happens, I reckon it might be some of the broadcast staff somewhere using their phones and interrupting something....

Obviously I have no evidence for this!!! 

Maybe BT could comment on this....

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

I found that a factory reset of the box helped. Didn'y cure it completely but reduced from at leat one glitch a minute to a minor annoyance. Not much fun if you have a load of recordings that you can't back up because BT provide no option to do so.

Also, I recorded two sports programs on Saturday evening/Sunday morning & on playback, both were completely free of sound glitches. Next time you experience this it might be worth starting to record what you're watching & then shortly after start watching the recording in chase play.

Just a couple of suggestions but probably two more than you'll get from BT.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Just an update from me, I escalated this problem by putting my complaint in writing (email) to BT when it was finally passed to the engineering department I had real help. I found the same issue somebody else put on this forum that if you pause the program for about 20 seconds it was ok. Anyway BT couldn’t be more helpful I had a new socket fitted they also found that my broadband had been capped so removed that & regularly now getting 16 to 19 mb/s, still had the problem so they sent me replacement Router & Youview box, miraculously everything is now ok. Hope this helps people reading this.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

@rbz5416 wrote:

I found that a factory reset of the box helped. Didn'y cure it completely but reduced from at leat one glitch a minute to a minor annoyance. Not much fun if you have a load of recordings that you can't back up because BT provide no option to do so.

There *is* an option to reset the box without losing your existing recordings.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

@gomezz wrote:

There *is* an option to reset the box without losing your existing recordings.

Not very helpful if you don't say how.

There is only one option on the T2100 menu & that's to reset or not.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

0 Ratings