Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PinkSquirrel
Contributor
Message 71 of 184

Re: Spam Filter

@SR1 wrote:

Come on BT .Get your finger out. The amount of spam that has been getting through your filters has increased tenfold or more iin the last few weeks.

Since 'the problem' was fixed, the spam filter is still more or less working for me. Around 90% blocked on a good day. However the amount of spam being filtered has increased dramatically again in the last week or so. I suspect BT has an issue with blocking spam that should never even reach the spam filter. System turned off maybe??

0 Ratings
Tykeman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 72 of 184

Just to add my bit.

Have 3 email addresses, all still on BT Yahoo Mail.

Only one is being hammered with spam. At least 50 per day and increasing each day.

Will say that with the ones getting through the BT filter are picked up as spam when I use my Mailwasher software. So the problem, as I see it, is with BT and whatever software/filter they're using.

0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 73 of 184

Quantity of spam reduced by 90% in the last few days.
0 Ratings
Stephen19
Beginner
Message 74 of 184

Spam increasing on a daily basis...who do I complain to?

0 Ratings
el27
Message 75 of 184

Still on Bt Yahoo mail (not migrated) and the problem is now increasing markedly, with BT filtering being ineffective, despite me marking all spam emails in my main account as spam to 'help train' their spam filters.  No change over the past few weeks apart from more spam making it into my main account.

Bt email team response was almost as if they could not care less - shame that they do not appreciate that we are the customer paying for this service!

0 Ratings
hfgreen
Beginner
Message 76 of 184

Me too. Over the past few weeks it appears the spam filter is not working. everything going into my inbox when it used to go into my spam folder. The spamguard doesn't seem to be working as it does not appear to be learning when you mark something as spam. when I contacted tech support they said there was nothing wrong and wouldn't even ackowledge there was a problem.

Most unhelpful.

Frank

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 184

Could the moderators please give an update on how the investigations into this are going?

0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 78 of 184

Hi all,

I have sent a request for more info on this and once we heard back we will update the thread. 

Thanks

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 79 of 184

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the continued patience.

We have received an update from our email team to say that Yahoo are actively carrying out work to reduce the amount of spam you are seeing.  They have already made changes to the filters which should reduce the spam.  We hope that within the next couple of days you should be seeing a reduction in the amount of spam you receive. 

Please post back here, over the next couple of days and let us know if you are seeing improvement.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 80 of 184

I thought that those that have been migrated were no longer on Yahoo. Please clarify.
0 Ratings