cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 111 of 184

Re: Too much spam and filters not working

Exactly as notoriousdbp said, I really wish BT wasn't my primary email as i'd stop using it.

In fact I may start transitioning from my bt email account to another one. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 112 of 184

This is just from today

spam.PNG

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 113 of 184

Just want to chime in as yet another profoundly p'd off BT Mail customer.

The amount of spam is huge and BT have simply turned their backs.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 114 of 184

Re: Spam Filter

Perhaps we should take BT at their word and, instead if marking it as spam, forward all such dodgy emails to phishing@bt.com, just as they ask... 😉

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 115 of 184

I tried forwarding the spam to phishing@bt.. when it got out of control last year.

it made no difference to the spam and caused me problems as you have to do each one individually or tag them all and they then go in one email!!

Suffice to say I ended up having to cancel that email address ( which, after 12 months, has still not vanished from my list of addresses?? (That's another posting?)

Eric

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 116 of 184

@ricci555 wrote:

This is just from today

Hi.

One of my accounts gets most spam, and I see pretty much the same subject titles youve got - some exactly the same.

However my account is still on BTYahoo, and they all go into the spam folder (I have set to send it to me).

If you're on BTMail, you can check here :-

http://pbtcsc.bt.motive.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

then maybe that's one reason due to the poor system. Another reason is that for some people, the anti-spam systems simply don't work very well.

Although the titles are the same, the contents will be slightly different, including emaiil header information and the forged email "from" address. Spammers do this to try to thwart the anti-spam filters - and this frankly shows that it does work.

Unfortunately some people suffer.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 117 of 184

I find a number to go in to spam, hundreds actually. But still 40/50 are in my inbox when I logon in the morning and then keep coming through in the day. 

0 Ratings
Message 118 of 184

I also have a Sky e-mail address and have never ever received any Spam to that account.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 119 of 184

The spam is just unreal today. I can't be the only one.

0 Ratings
Message 120 of 184

Your not. Been bad since the weekend. BT do have periodic problems with their spam filters. Do not unsubscribe to any of the usual spam culprits. BT will sort it out.
0 Ratings