cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 181 of 184

Re: Spam Filter

Yep. Now giving better deals for existing customers but service definitely on the slide.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 182 of 184

andr3w - Correct that's exactly what I did. Gmail, outlook.com all of them are free and all work perfect.

Just a shame it's come to this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 183 of 184

Also here's a handy hint for anyone using mobile devices (for iphone anyway).

I have my BTinternet account added on my iphone but set the incoming mail server to test (save the settings) this stops any more of this junk email comign through to your phone. But still allows you to send as the btinternet.com email address.

I then added my outlook.com account to my phone so now I get all my btinternet emails via outlook.com (no more spam) and can still send from my phone using my btinternet.com address.

such a joke that you have to go to these lengths but I'd rather do this than constantly deleted 100's of spam emails. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 184 of 184

I don't know about you, but lots of people receive lots of emails on daily basis. Without organizing the interface of your mail, it could look a bit messy. That is why there is need to categorize and prioritize the ones that need more attention to the others. Yahoo mail spam filter is already an inbuilt system in your yahoo mail. It filters mails to the spam section. Mails categorized to this folder  have certain attributes either streamlined automatically by yahoo or done manually (be careful in marking them as not spam). The  yahoo mail account settings
helps you checkmate and separate emails that require less attention.

Steps to make Yahoo mail spam filter work : how to block an email address with Yahoo account settings

1. Login to your Yahoo mail account.

2. Create a new folder to enable your yahoo spam blocker work effectively,

Yahoo Mail Spam Filter: how to Block an Email Address - Yahoo Mail Account Settings

• Locate  the "folder's menu on the left panel
  • Click on it to show all current folders
  • Click on the file icon to create a new folder
    i. Name the folder : make it short and descriptive. (Feel free to create more folders at your own discretion).

3. Click on the gear icon at the top right corner then click settings.

Yahoo Mail Spam Filter: how to Block an Email Address - Yahoo Mail Account Settings

4. Click on "Filters" to begin to activate your yahoo spam blocker / Yahoo mail filters

5. Add a filter by clicking on the "add" button found on top

• Name a new filter, also make it short and descriptive
    i. Narrow down your filter with the following parameters, sender, recipient, subject, e-mail body
    ii. Click save button once you are done

Yahoo Mail Spam Filter: how to Block an Email Address - Yahoo Mail Account SettingsMark an inbox mail as spam

On the other hand, you can decide to mark an email as spam by right clicking the particular mail in your inbox, then tap or click on "this is spam". It enters into the spam category immediately.

Yahoo Spam Blocker : Block your spam mail

Tired of receiving spam mails? Block it with the Yahoo spam blocker settings.

• Activate Yahoo Spam Blocker : Click on the spam folder, then right click the particular spam mail to be blocked
  • Scroll down to the option "block" and click.

That's the last time you will see such mail. (This is also how to block an email address / how to stop unwanted mails on yahoo : right click on the inbox mail you want to block, then scroll down and select the block option).

Learn more about Yahoo mail :

***edited by Mod**
Let's know it your Yahoo mail spam filter is not working. Leave a comment below for more inquiries and further guidelines.

0 Ratings