cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hgt123
Message 1 of 3

Spam deletion - immediate option gone

Hi,

Previously my spam was set to delete immediately automatically but this morning there were items in spam folder and in options it only allows me to select empty folder every 1 week, 2 weeks or monthly.

is there anyway to restore the automated immediate deletion again?

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Spam deletion - immediate option gone

I think immediate deletion ceased some months ago. It's quite handy to be able to change your mind about something you've deleted, but I agree they should have left the option. 

The facility to empty the folder manually is still there though.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Spam deletion - immediate option gone

@hgt123 wrote:

Hi,

Previously my spam was set to delete immediately automatically but this morning there were items in spam folder and in options it only allows me to select empty folder every 1 week, 2 weeks or monthly.

is there anyway to restore the automated immediate deletion again?

thanks in advance

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

The immediate option has been withdrawn with the new Yahoo! mail system. It is still there, howeve,r on the classic interface. If you wish to revert to the classic one, have a look at my shortcuts (link below) option 23, or see here for the "screen resolution method" :-

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/HOW-TO-RECOVER-BT-YAHOO-CLASSIC-MAIL/m-p/348169#M12234

0 Ratings