Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albie4464
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Spam wronly labelled

Hi

I have a correspondent from whom I regularly receive emails. they are the only one which has SPAM added to the header. The address is in my contact list and also specified in BT Protect.

By for the majority of my Email is dealt with using Wndows Live Mail 2012 client as I have multiple ewamil addresses (only 1 BT)

The emails marked Spam are delivered to my in box.

Any one have any ideas?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Spam wronly labelled

@Albie4464 wrote:

Hi

Any one have any ideas?

Yes, the BT mail system is a shambles. Unfortunately there is no solution.

0 Ratings
Simon-D
Retired BT Expert
Message 3 of 5

Albie4464,

Can you try the following please.

1) log-in to webmail

2) click on 'Settings'

3) in the left hand menu select 'Mail' then 'Safe Senders'

4) Add the email address of your corrispondent to the safe senders.

Hope this helps,

Simon.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Sorry Simon, but I'm afraid you are totally missing the point. The idea that a customer should have to whitelist every email sender they wish to receive mails from is clearly a total nonsense. There is absolutely no reason for any legitimite sender to have their mails marked as spam. Whilst it is possible to add regular senders to a 'Safe Senders' list it is obviously not possible to predict who will send one-off mails that will also be similarly marked as spam. For those of us that use POP3 mail clients it is a double whammy as the mails aren't even delivered to the inbox now and webmail has to be checked on a regular basis for false positives. The mail system is broken and the sooner BT realise that and do something about it the better. Sorry for the rant, it is obviously not aimed at you personally, you have to toe the party line.

Albie4464
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

This was the first thing I tried!

0 Ratings