Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yorkshirelass
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Special Services phone numbers.

Go to solution

I've just been looking at my phone usage for the last month and I've noticed a lot of  0844 numbers made during the day, when I'm not at home. They are classed as Special services. Any idea what they might be please ? The only things that I have connected to the phone line is my BT Infinity and a monitered burglar alarm.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Special Services phone numbers.

Go to solution

Hope you've got the Anytime Calls add-on! It could be the alarm. Have you tried googling the number(s) or calling them?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
yorkshirelass
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I haven't got the anytime add on, didn't know what it was & still don't ! ! I'll try ringing one of the numbers because I tried Googling it but only got people saying it was Spam.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry, my mistake. Anytime gives you free calls during the day, but it doesn't include 0844 numbers.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
yorkshirelass
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I've tried ringing the numbers and it turns out that my husband rang The AA, Santander and the Alarm company but forgot to tell me ! No problem, just wish he'd told me! Thanks for all your help.

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi yorkshirelass,

Tell him to check the numbers with http://www.saynoto0870.com/.

There is a very good chance that it will provide an alternative freephone or geographic number so the calls are free.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
yorkshirelass
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

That's a very interesting site, thank you !

0 Ratings