Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greentrancer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Speed Drop since 1-2 weeks

Hello.

In a speed test I usually get 55 Mbps download and 17 Mbps upload, however, since 1-2 weeks, the connections has dropped. Sometimes it does not get higher than 47 and 3-4. Sometimes I restart the connection / router and the speed comes back to normal, sometimes (like now), it does not. Since 1-2 weeks I had almost the same story every day.

2017-04-16 04_20_33-Basic - Status.png2017-04-16 04_31_11-Information.png

(you have to love BT QA / attention to details - kbps instead of mbps!!!)

2017-04-16 04_22_54-BT Broadband.png

Does anyone know what is happening? I can see other users reporting similar issues...

P.S. Actually I am surprised that my internet still works with this so called "SMART" Hub router - disgusting device!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
greentrancer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Speed Drop since 1-2 weeks

In the last couple of days I even had ~900 Kbps (yes, Kbps) for upload speed... I had an enginner in the house who tested the connection and confirmed that I should be getting the maximum (about 59 and 17 Mbps), but I am not!! Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong? Thank you.

0 Ratings
Venomx
Expert
Message 3 of 11

are you on infinity 2 ?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

are you using a wired connection when doing a speedtest ??
0 Ratings
greentrancer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

@Venomx- yes, on the 76 Mbps package and for over 1 year and I had no issues.

@john46- yes I do, however, I am talking more or less about the 'Downstream' and 'Upstream' sync speeds displayed on the Hub - that shows the maximum speed that I have allocated. Therefore, if my upload is 3 Mbps, how can I get a higher speed in a speed test than that? My current readings are 51.82 Mbps and 3.20 Mbps. As for a normal speed test, I get the same results anywhere - desktop, laptop, phone, etc.

Just ran a speed test on BTW Performance Test and I have

Download: 45.09

Upload: 2.92

Ping: 28.50

0 Ratings
Venomx
Expert
Message 6 of 11

Have you tried connecting to the master socket ? You can gain an extra 10mbps by connecting to the master socket as there is less interference
0 Ratings
greentrancer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

@Venomx- my BT Hub is connected to the a master socket with two sockets, like this one:

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

the test socket is behind the lower removable panel
0 Ratings
greentrancer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

@john46- I have been searching now what the test socket is for and I believe that I need a microfilter for that to work, correct? Because I do not have one as far as I am aware, and right now the Hub is connected straight to the socket showed above.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

yes you do need to use a filter using the test socket gives a direct connection removing at extension wiring and the possibility of a faulty face plate
0 Ratings