cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Speed Dropping Around 4.00pm

Hi

Having a problem with my Infinity 1 Broadband.

Speed during the day is great,but come around 4pm the speed jusy drops dramatically

Here are some pics to Show the problem...Screenshot 2016-05-03 09.49.04.jpgScreenshot 2016-05-03 14.15.07.jpgScreenshot 2016-05-03 21.00.07.jpgScreenshot 2016-05-04 13.37.06.jpg

Screenshot 2016-05-13 19.47.29.jpg

As you can see there is a problem 

How to i go about getting someone to look at this...

Thanks 

Ian

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Speed Dropping Around 4.00pm

Looks like congestion. Which exchange are you on?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Hi

Im on the Halifax Exchange

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Something looks wrong on the router stats. Max attainable upload speed and attenuation. Im no expert but im sure someone will come along and let you know what it means
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Nothing wrong with the line stats at all. OP is on Infinity 1 40/10.

I suspect a congestion issue as mentioned above. Mods should be along soon however, can you please run the further diagnostics test on the btwholesale speedtester using an Ethernet connection.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

There is no congestion reported for the Halifax exchange according to mods so see if they can find out why sped drop at peak times. Mods will post here with contact us link. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 2/3 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 14

Hi @nuggies5,

It'd be best if you spoke with one of the team here so we can go over everything with you. @imjolly is right about the Halifax exchange. There are no reported problems with it. That could point towards an issue with your line individually. You can reach us by clicking on my username and then on contact the mods. It takes us a couple of working days to pick it up but we will be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

So the upload data rate of 9999 and signal attenuation of 0.0 is normal? Legit question as i have no idea what signal attenuation is
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

My first thought was congestion for the simple reason my speed is great during the day, but terrible come evening,so i presume my internal wiring is okay.Never had a problem with speeds before ,just these last 5 weeks or so.

I have contacted the Mods,hope we can get this resolved

Thanks 

Ian

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

@yan101 wrote:
So the upload data rate of 9999 and signal attenuation of 0.0 is normal? Legit question as i have no idea what signal attenuation is

@nuggies5  Is on infinity 1 with 40/10mb connection. Hub 5b always shows 0 for signal attenuation firmware bug

0 Ratings