cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 41 of 45

Re: Speed Increase Processed but not as promised..

Go to solution
Seems like it yea, wouldn't worry too much about it though, Hopefully once whatever they are doing to the line, you will be about to make some headway there.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
mattyg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 45

Go to solution

2nd Engineer could see there were issues with the line, after showing the graphs obtained from the modem data.

Switched pairs on the line down the road and sync speed doubled.

A quick call to remove 30Mb cap on sync rate and all was looking good as modem sync'd at near to attainable rate.

But I have still not seen an actual real world increase in actual download speed via any speed tests.

Upload appears to be working fine.

Follow up call from BT scheduled for tomorrow.

Can anybody provide a suggestion for the name of the "cap" that is still in place, so I can point the BT helpdesk person in the right direction?

One other thing the IP Profile is still showing as 29MB on the BT speed test, I assume this is my problem, as the modem has synced at 46MB.  Will a reboot see the IP Profile move towards the sync speed or can it be fixed?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 45

Go to solution
Try rebooting the home hub only, not the modem. The ppp session traffic picks up the sync data on it's way to the radius serve and informs the BRAS which sets the profile.

When you do it leave it off for a few minutes before turning it back on.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Sageman
Contributor
Message 44 of 45

Go to solution

My estimate was 55/9 I am getting 42/6.5. I have a new pole in the back garden with new cable from the pole into my property which suggests that I should get close to the estimated speed which I am not. Given that I have extended my contract for 18 months it would seem to me that BT are mis-selling a product they can not supply. I think I may ask to be put back onto my old contract which was giving me 38/5 without have to extend my contract.

0 Ratings
mattyg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 45

Go to solution
Thanks Webby

5+ mins with the router off and I am now getting 45Mb down.
0 Ratings