Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Speed capped at 40Mbps but IP Profile hasn't changed - West Mids area

Go to solution

Is anyone else in the West Midlands area finding that their throughput speed has essentially been "capped" at 40Mbps for the last 24 hours?

I've had no downtime, no re-syncs, my TBBQM shows no PL, and a quiet line test comes back fine yet each and every speedtest, the BT one included, hits a barrier at 40Mbps.

I've run the diagnostic section of the BTW tester and it confirms my IP profile hasn't changed and is still at 75Mbps where it's been for months. 

Anyone else seeing anything similar? 

(Before anyone asks the obvious questions I've conducted multiple tests using multiple devices via ethernet and all exhibit the same "issue")

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Speed capped at 40Mbps but IP Profile hasn't changed - West Mids area

Go to solution

At least you haven't been stuck at a 18Mbps sync rate for 5 months.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Gr1ff wrote:

Is anyone else in the West Midlands area finding that their throughput speed has essentially been "capped" at 40Mbps for the last 24 hours?

I've had no downtime, no re-syncs, my TBBQM shows no PL, and a quiet line test comes back fine yet each and every speedtest, the BT one included, hits a barrier at 40Mbps.

I've run the diagnostic section of the BTW tester and it confirms my IP profile hasn't changed and is still at 75Mbps where it's been for months. 

Anyone else seeing anything similar? 

(Before anyone asks the obvious questions I've conducted multiple tests using multiple devices via ethernet and all exhibit the same "issue")

Have you tried restarting either the modem or the homehub?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Don't I feel daft... There I was looking for some obscure issue and I didn't even think about restarting the modem.

Throughput speeds are now back to normal. I wonder why the modem would suddenly enforce a strict limit like that though?
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

It is a pity we don't have the Line stat's as the FTTC modem is locked, if you where able to see your Stats you would have been able to say yep the FTTC modem needs to resync (OFF/ON)

Glad you got it sorted  Smiley Wink

0 Ratings