cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 13

Re: Speed degradation

Go to solution

Hi @AnExEmployee Thanks for the update and explanation of the fault. @PaddyB will be in touch tomorrow to confirm all is OK with your connection.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

@AnExEmployee wrote:

Paddy,

Thanks for your call on Tuesday. All seems to be working well now following the engineers visit. I have continued to test from time to time and am getting around 60Mbs down 17.5Mbs up via ethernet. WiFi is far less impressive but that is more likely to be something for me to investigate further (I can't get much above 20 download standing a few meters away and previously managed 50/60 from a PC 2 floors and some distance away).

I will continue to monitor and test for a few days before starting to troubleshoot the wifi settings but am fairly satisfied the issue has been resolved. Many thanks for your help which was extremely professional, helpful and lead to a successful resolution!

For those interested, the engineer confirmed by wiring was abolsutely fine but he detected higher resistence on the line than would otherwise be considered acceptable. He checked out connectivity at the last pole before the house and two further "down stream" and also spent sometime at the cabinet near the exchange; not sure what he did but he was up one pole for quite some time! I (vaguely) recall another engineer being at the same pole earlier this year connecting a new neighbour. Perhaps there was a knock on effect or it was something totally unrelated - know knows (or cares)...

Stuart

Only 20Mbps download via wireless would suggest a wireless g network adapter. Connection via wireless g standard will only give throughout of 20 - 25 Mbps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @AnExEmployee,

Thank you for taking my call. I'm happy to hear the connection has been repaired following the engineers visit. I tested the connection and its looking pretty good. I can see the last speed test you achieved just over 60 Mbps, which is good to see Smiley Happy

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings